Registry trick to gain umlimited time access in windows 8 enterprise

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Ahsan, Aug 20, 2012.

1. bxrdj

bxrdj MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2012
    this does not work, unfortunately, tested and worked for a bit because it cleared the watermarks, now they are back :)

2. dailyinsanity

dailyinsanity MDL Junior Member

Aug 17, 2012
    I tested it in a VM.....Product ID isn't available, no customization allowed, nor does windows update works (Windows cant Validate your License)

3. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    #63 FaiKee, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
    lmao when I read the OP yesterday, I thought the thread would be locked within a few hours. :rofl6:

4. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    The Mods are probably on thread-locking overload with all the mania going on these days.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Vern

Vern MDL Junior Member

May 24, 2012
    I successfully used this technique on a" Win 8 To Go" USB Hard Drive containing Win 8 Enterprise. I can run programs. The computer restarts OK. So far no problems. Under activation, it lists product ID unknown. We'll see what happens after October 26.

6. LeakHunter

LeakHunter MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2012
    I've tried this trick, watermark stayed and Office 2013 fail to start. I had to make restore.

7. Vern

Vern MDL Junior Member

May 24, 2012
    I have Office 2010 Starter Edition installed. Both Word and Excel work. Win Update works, I received a Raid driver update and also Windows Defender.

8. palbertsma

palbertsma MDL Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Just to be sure: you removed the registry part that's mentioned in post 1, and are still completely activated? Personalization is possible all the way, and there is no watermark (with the countdown) anymore?

9. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    It bricks the Windows 8 activation system. Consequently bricks also the Office 2013 activation.

With some Windows Updates the Software Protection Platform will turn on and send non-genuine messages.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    Sad to see that people actually think they have activated their Windows 8 installation with this trick. But let them think they have done it, and I'm sure they will be back soon to complain over their Windows 8 installation not working anymore. Or that it's not valid anymore. What people belive in :eek:

11. lule

lule MDL Novice

May 6, 2012
    have you tried slmgr.vbs /upk, windows continues forever , not need to remove registry key.?

12. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    All you do is uninstalling the default key or the key you used to install. It do not activate your computer, and you will get the watermark and your computer will not pass any validation.

13. lule

lule MDL Novice

May 6, 2012
    It is true, but remains fully functioning, no limit.

14. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    Report back in 90 days and I will solute you if you're still "activated" with your slmgr -upk trick. It will of course not work. You can't activate anything with removing the key.

15. Vern

Vern MDL Junior Member

May 24, 2012
    I never claimed this registry change activated my copy of Win 8 Enterprise. I'm just reporting that it is still working. My Starter copy of Office 2010 didn't require activation and is still working. Windows Update still works. My hope is that it will continue to work until I can purchase an upgrade copy at the end of October. In the meantime I'm having fun experimenting. So far there's been no reminder to activate, I do have a watermark Windows 8 Enterprise, Build 9200.

16. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    But you know that you get the same with using a blocked Retail key or anything, not doing anything to the installation? I run several test Virtual Machines using the default key or keys found on the internet that can't be activated. I get the Windows 8 Pro, Build 9200 watermark down to the right, and all other thing do work.

17. Vern

Vern MDL Junior Member

May 24, 2012
    That's what makes horse racing! I also have another computer with Win 8 Enterprise that I activated early on with the Russian KMS. It's interesting to try different techniques. I'm sure that's why Ahsan suggested it. While I was making my Windows To Go, Jessica Alba tried it with some success Others tried without success. If it hadn't worked for me, I could have redone my Win To Go in an hour or so and tried something else.

18. lule

lule MDL Novice

May 6, 2012
    #78 lule, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    You're right, but, we do not talk about activation, we are talking about trick to gain umlimited time access in windows 8 enterprise and .. with slmgr.vbs /upk trick.

Attached Files:

19. Vern

Vern MDL Junior Member

May 24, 2012
    I agree that you have still another way to gain unlimited time. But read the very first post in this string. It was about a registry change. The more the better!

20. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    #80 myhken, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012