Registry trick to gain umlimited time access in windows 8 enterprise

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Ahsan, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Vern

Vern MDL Junior Member

May 24, 2012
    I've already done it that way (ten days ago). Now, I'm looking for different ways .

2. lule

lule MDL Novice

May 6, 2012
    Go to 2016 with Windows 8 Enterprise Eval without changes in the system.

To gain umlimited time access in windows 8 enterprise most easily way is running slmgr.vbs /upk command.

3. Vern

Vern MDL Junior Member

May 24, 2012
    I've already done that..

4. lifeforces

lifeforces MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2012
    This trick sure wont make windows activated itself. But it do have some points.
    I tested on VM:
    OS: Win8 Enterprise 9200 RTM (released a week ago, downloaded from TechNet)
    Office: MS Office 2010 SP1 (I don't have the 2013)
    - Install Win8, no key, no activation, no KMS or stuff.
    - Delete reg key like this thread mentioned.
    - Restart + set time in BIOS to 2014.
    - Install Office + active Office.
    Here are what I got:
    - Product ID N/A, neither Activation status.
    - Watermark still there, showing 90 days trial, but not decreasing anymore no matter how I change date in BIOS.
    - I don't receive any more notification, reminder about activation or kinda. (Observed about 8 hours more.)
    - I can change my account picture.
    - Windows Update is working fine. (need to set back to current time or it sure doesn't work.)
    - Office is working, activated as normal.
    Personally, I think this trick won't activate your windows 8 at all, but it will break windows' activate module or so.(Just guess) So now I get a windows 8 Enterprise, working, no key, not activation, office working well. Yes I got water-mark on the desktop but it really not matter much as I hardly have time stare at desktop. (usually cover by apps)
    The problem ppl said this trick will corrupt office: well, I think that's because you install office, then you do this. I guess it meant you also deleted some thing belong to Office itself, not just windows 8.
    For screenshot:
    mediafire-download key: ycfafmhhx0nk6nf
    (Can't insert picture or link, seems problems with my browser's javascript. DONT TRUST ME, USE YOUR AV.)

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I'm really not sure that the change of a date and/or year will have some effect. If MS had done it right they would have inserted an counter which works regardless of date/year, may by minutes etc.!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. lule

lule MDL Novice

May 6, 2012
    Hi, yes, I've tried to change the time and followed over 48 hours. NO activation advertisement screen popup come up. Time bomb is gone.

Tested with:

en_windows_8_enterprice_x64
    , en_windows_8_pro_vl_x64_dvd_917699 and X64FRE_ENTERPRISE_EVAL_EN-US-HRM_CENA_X64FREE_EN-US_DV5.

Windows 8 Enterprice Eval watermark before execution slmgr.vbs /upk command.
    before.png

Windows 8 Enterprice Eval watermark after slmgr.vbs /upk command.
    after.JPG

so YES unlimited free time.:p

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That you'll see AFTER the initial period of 90 day's!:biggrin:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. palbertsma

palbertsma MDL Member

Jun 3, 2009
    @ Iule,

You could find out by changing your system time e.g. in December 2012, and look what happens?!

9. tasss

tasss MDL Novice

May 6, 2007
    #91 tasss, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    Tried this but the activation overlay marker came back vent back into regedit changed this and it dissapered Again.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform\Activation]
    "ActivationInterval"=dword:00000000
    "Manual"=dword:00000001
    "NotificationDisabled"=dword:00000001

deleting objects may not have any effect but this may Work because it is only this floating watermark it removes, as it says notification disabled

10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I don't think that will work anymore! Look at my post #86!

11. palbertsma

palbertsma MDL Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Maybe it's only the countdown that returns, but that CAN be disabled: see post #91!

12. lule

lule MDL Novice

May 6, 2012

Think? is like an ass, all they have but not worth anything, try it and then talk to! :D

13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I can tell you in 86 day's!;):smoking:

14. gendouhydeist

gendouhydeist MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2010
    Well have you tried to change the time while it's not being activated? You haven't didn't you.

Anyways even I've removed Objects registry I still got watermark.

15. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    NO, I didn't!

But that isn't the answer!! The answer is that you may haven't understand that there isn't any way to use the Evaluation 90 days version without activation because it's activated on default within installation!:sticktongue:

16. gendouhydeist

gendouhydeist MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2010
    Any programs that has evaluation are based on time, meaning changing time itself would literally end it's evaluation. The License activation doesn't have it's own timer. It needs the system time (BIOS) and the License server (MS) to know how many days you've already used. That's why it's crucial to test it by changing time itself.

17. MrAnalysis

MrAnalysis MDL Senior Member

Aug 4, 2012
    #99 MrAnalysis, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
    Could one simply just copy the tokens after a fresh install of windows 8 eval. Then when the time comes just change time in bios back to the date it was on day #1 of registration boot into safe mode and replace the current tokens with your old backed up ones. That way windows would just think its been installed fresh again and no time has passed. ;) Just block connection to M$ via firewall so its like offline eval activation. M$ will never know you changed the system time and the OS wont be smart enough to exactly work it out as far as the OS is concerned your be using the offline evaluation and no time would have passed.

This is an old trick, a dirty old trick granted but it works with a fair few things no reason it would not with the windows trial tbf.

18. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Maybe it's time for you to realize that MS has changed not the activation process only, also everything what have to do with running Windows in both stage: activated and unactivated.

The new process is using it's own timer which has nothing to do with the BIOS timer anymore. The computer is connecting to the MS Licens Server everytime you open/start Windows 8 to check status, directly if you use your MS Account as log on and latest at the time the Internet connection is up an running if you use an non MS Account.

And didn't you think that MS is that stupid that they didn't had learned their lessons form the past Windows versions about false activation, cracking and therefore also the Timer Solution?! MS had 3 years time to "adjust" that settings for Windows 8 and I think they had done a good job (for Microsoft!) with that changes!

In the Evaluation process the internal counter is counting minutes, NOT days or even hours. I had installed a second Enterprise Evaluation, which also were directly activated at the first full start, on Virtual Box and changed the Date after two days! Not any changes which means that "YOUR" solution isn't working anymore. Period.

May I'll startup an old computer and reconfigure as Hardware Firewall running Smoothwall. That will gives me the very detailed logs what is going in and out of my network. Smoothwall isn't using the internal IP's of the connected devices, instead the Mac addresses and if the apps is configured right you get the fully detailed infos about any single bit. By the way, Smoothwall could also be used as Load Ballancer if there more than one WAN connection is available.