Reinstall Windows 7 after Removing Windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by akf, Feb 2, 2013.

1. akf

akf MDL Senior Member

Aug 17, 2010
    #1 akf, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
    I have a OEM computer preinstalled with Windows 7. So, its BIOS originally has SLIC 2.1, to facilitate OEM activation of Windows 7.

Suppose that I have recently formatted the hard drive, performed a clean install of Windows 8 and activated it. And now, I want to remove Windows 8, and return to using Windows 7.

The questions are:

1. After formatting the hard drive, can I still install Windows 7 and perform OEM activation of Windows 7?
    2. Does the installation and activation of Windows 8 affect the SLIC 2.1 in the BIOS?

Well, I just want to make sure that I can return to using Windows 7 anytime in the future.

Thank you for your information. :worthy:

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Just go ahead and you'll be fine!:biggrin:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Kamar

Kamar MDL Junior Member

Dec 24, 2009
    If you have a modded bios with slic 2.1 added to help you activate win 7 , then first check your Bios and xrm-ms certificate wtih David's Slice tool kit 3.2 to see if every thing is in order.

I had installed win 7 x64 and then installed office 2013. I activated office withg kmsnano 11. it activated both win7 pro OEM and office 2013 in to VL !

when I restored win7 image it got deactivated because slic2.1 wasn't matching the cert.

I reflashed the Bios with correct info , then did image restore .

you can go back and forth any time with Images.

4. akf

akf MDL Senior Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Thanks, guys. :) I really do not want to mess up my computer, as I attempt to install Windows 8.