Reinstallation Disc of Installed Windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by TrojanHorse27, Feb 28, 2015.

1. TrojanHorse27

TrojanHorse27 MDL Junior Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Hi,

I am formatting C Drive and reinstalling New OS to the PC but meanwhile i would like to have the backup of the installed windows 8 in case something goes wrong and i would not loose my old Windows OS files if i reinstall windows 8 back to C Drive after formatting it i should get the same OS i used earlier without loosing any files.

Please help

Cheers
    Trojan

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #2 pisthai, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TrojanHorse27

Apr 27, 2013
    Not Happening any body help me with toturials

4. TrojanHorse27

Apr 27, 2013
    Not Happening any body help me with tutorials

5. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Get a new HDD or even a SSD for the new OS install.
    Then all your original files will be intact.

Your worried summet might go wrong ? What are you expecting to go wrong ?

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That kind of apps are quite self-explanatory if someone could read. That you even would need if you request an tutorial!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Bat confused, but anyone that recognize Bat's name from other Sites knows that happens a lot.:confused: It seems You formatted Your drive and installed the OS at the end of January, So question is Why do You want to keep formatting the drive ?? Since Windows 8 is a generic term, Question two would be what OS are You taking about ? Win 8.0, Win 8.1, 8.1 w/ update 1, 8.1 w/ update Not two, or 8.1 w/ update November ??
    The Safest thing to do, as mentioned above, is make a bootable backup Cloned copy of Your drive. I personally use a "Shared" copy of Casper-8 for cloning My drives. If anything goes wrong You can boot from the backup and restore the original without any problems. So question three is, are You trying to change from MBR to GPT or vice versa, or use a 64 bit version instead of 32 bit, or simply upgrading from something like Core to Pro ??
    Knowing exactly What Your wanting to do and Why, as well as what type of hardware, i.e.. Desktop or Laptop would help find the best solution.

8. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    One thing gets me about the OP.
    His forum name.
    Who'd trust anybody with that name ?
    "share a file with you? "

urrrr no ya right !

Or is that just me..:eek:

9. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    bronies2-e1395291970409.jpg
    Maybe like horsies cause He's a Bronie :eek: