Reinstalling Windows 7 Ultimate

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by carburetorguy, Dec 23, 2012.

1. carburetorguy

carburetorguy MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2012
    I'm reinstalling Windows 7 and wanted to keep Windows.old content to a minimum. Will uninstalling Dragon, Photoshop 7 and Office before installing Windows keep the content less in Windows.old? I've backed up everything I wanted to save onto
    flash drives because I was unable to back up the computer using Windows Back up.
    Does anyone know, are all Sata 2.5 laptop hard drives compatable and do they connect the same?

Still learning!
    Thanks!!!

2. S_A_S

S_A_S MDL Member

Oct 16, 2012
    I have yet to encounter a 2.5" (even a 3.5" as that matters) HD that isn't compatible.

SATA is a standard, when a HDD (or SSD) manufacturer chooses not to use it than i would skip that.

3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    if u have a 2.5" sata to USB adapter the desktop 3.5" drive wont work as it does not supply enough power from usb alone.

it has to be a usb to sata that has a power cord also.. so it can power up a big drive.
    (of course this is if u using usb adapter)

u can plug in sata 2.5" to desktop sata port and power and no problems.

4. Alex_Koz

Alex_Koz MDL Novice

Dec 23, 2012
    #4 Alex_Koz, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
    If i understand you correct - you want to replace your 2.5" HDD with a new one. In that case you can buy any other 2.5" HDD or SSD with no worries. It will definitely be compatible to your laptop.