Reinstalling windows on used PC. Not sure if I have the right keys, or SLIC tables?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mx_maniac, Dec 17, 2013.

1. mx_maniac

mx_maniac MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2010
    I bought a used Dell E6400 laptop which has a working copy of windows 7 enterprise. Not sure if it is the OEM copy or not.

I want to completely reinstall windows fresh just to make sure there are no viruses or malware from the previous owner, however I'm a little bit worried about if i have all the necessary keys to get it up and running again. I do have a good windows install CD I got from these forums before.

I ran SLIC Toolkit and it says there is no slic table found. I did copy the product key, however Slic toolkit said no certificate found.

So I ran belark advisor and was able to find the product key and certificate.

Should these 2 items be enough to reinstall the same version of windows, and get it registered as a legit copy, even though I don't know if there is a good slic table or not?

2. pamadhilwankalan

pamadhilwankalan MDL Junior Member

Nov 16, 2013
    #2 pamadhilwankalan, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
    u can install windows7 enterprise using slic table and oem serial. to do so first u have to delete the partition where the previous os was installed. also delete 100 mb reserve partition that windows uses for its own functions. re-create partition and install w7. after that use DAZ loader 2.2.1. u do not have to do anything manually. just run DAZ loader 2.2.1 and it will automatically detect suitable slic table, cert and serial according to ur laptop brand. and never forget to validate ur copy of windows7 online