Remote Assistance Nightemare

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by piercekalton, Nov 24, 2014.

1. piercekalton

piercekalton MDL Senior Member

Apr 2, 2010
    fresh install Win 7 Remote Assistance cannot connect to EasyConnect to give me a code to give to a helper.

checked all settings I could think of. all are default and ready to go obviously since it is a fresh install.

not much else to say.

this feature just doesn't work in a way that you can rely on.

2. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    you need to port forward ports on your router probably. open TCP 3389 port and check your firewall settings as well.

Teamviewer is by far the better solution

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I didn't like TeamViewer because it captures some of your Data on their server's which is insecure. For my own, I use RAdmin because I own a lot of licenses for it since years and didn't found a better one till now. There's also an apps called AnyPlaceControll and others.

Personally I use RAdmin because it's an direct connect to the destination machine without the use of any server between which may captures data! For me it's part and needed of and in my business and it includes not Remote Control only, it has much more features include Chat and Audio Chat etc. and therefore is worth the money it cost's.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...