Remotely controlling another computer.

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by jetjock, Apr 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. jetjock

jetjock MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2010
    No, I haven't, but I sure will. Many thanks for the tip!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    your welcome bro. Good luck

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jetjock

jetjock MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2010
    I tried UltraVNC today and after I finally some documentation as to how to get it to work, I found it to be awfully slow. Thanks for the info anyway! What is "the build in remove desktop program" to which you refered? I'm not familiar with that. Built into what? Where can I find info on it? Thanks.

4. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Both ultraVNC and teamviewer, 2 widely used programs wich are very good, are slow in your situation.
    It really looks like one of you 2 has a to slow upload, probably the client cause that pc has to stream a screenvideo to you.

5. xeon1

xeon1 MDL Novice

May 10, 2011
    Teamviwer sucks even if you select the free option you still need the password and id of the comp u want to connect and in free option the pass will change everything it runs so F team viewer i recommend you Radmin.com the best there is and it about 50 buck for life .

6. RYAN2779

RYAN2779 MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2010
    It scares the hell out of me. I always thought it was too high a security risk. My computer is my life and I'd never let anyone take control even if they're trying to help. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but unless I'm comatose or paralyzed I wouldn't consider it unless I needed to take control of my own computer from hundreds of miles away.

7. eluno

eluno MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2011
    #27 eluno, May 11, 2011
    Last edited: May 11, 2011
    that's becuase your doing it all wrong. when you first install teamviewer you have to set a specific password upon install, DON'T select the defualt value or your password will be different everytime you boot/reset your computer. but if you set your password on install it will never change unless you yourself change it. also you do know that teamviewer also does file transfers and even has a built in chat functions. hey for free you can't beat it. but you should know how to use before you start bashing it. another big plus for teamviewer is, it is supported on many different platforms like ios and android to name a few. i remote into my home computer all the time on my evo4g.