remove all windows server branding logo

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by msalehi, Mar 2, 2014.

1. msalehi

msalehi MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2013
    HI, i install window server multipoint 2012 and i removed all windows logos (i deleted basebrd.dll) but only one logo didn't delete. on the first screen that ask press "B" key ..., the "windows server multipoint 2012" logo didn't remove. how to delete it?

2. WinDev

WinDev MDL Expert

Jul 6, 2013
    Logo on start screen is the part of ntoskrnl.exe and it's impossible to delete manually. Use Resource Hacker.

And why you want to delete basebrd.dll (all logos in Windows Multipoint Server 2012). It's ugly without Windows Logo. :D

3. msalehi

msalehi MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2013
    Thanks a lot, i wanted to change windows logo but when i changed log in screen logo with resource hacker, it don't work properly(add a white background to logo).

4. msalehi

msalehi MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2013
    #4 msalehi, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
    (OP)
    i open ntoskrnl.exe with resource hacker, but i dont find any image related to "create a new station" screen in WMS12. what i do?

-----edit-----
    when i change bitmaps of basebrd.dll (C:\Windows\Branding\Basebrd), the windows activation is lost and when replace original basebrd.dll, windows is activated. what can i do if i want active windows and re branding it?

5. msalehi

msalehi MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2013
    i have one big problem: How to re-brand windows server 2012 and then activate it?
    anybody can help me?

6. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    If you edit a signed file with a resource hacker you break the signature. Windows sees that as an non-allowed change and puts you into non-Genuine status. AFAIK it is very hard if not impossible to get away with changed system files.