Remove SMART or boot message, Acer Travelmate 6292 (Phoenix)

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by maxxxslo, Apr 22, 2014.

1. maxxxslo

maxxxslo MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2012
    #1 maxxxslo, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    Hello, i have a Acer Travelmate 6292 that has developed a HDD issue some time ago.
    The issue is contained, (after 18 months 0 new bad sectors have appeared) the damaged area is in the last 7GB of the drive and i've left it unpartitioned because i don't even use half of the drive anyway.

But i still have to deal with the dreaded message...
    I don't have anything of importance on the hard drive anyway (it's hooked up to a tv for streaming movies from network) so i'd just like the message or SMART capability gone, wichever is easiest to do.

I'm using the modded bios from Busykid508 with slic 2.1 found here app.box.com/shared/oc9vs1sfca

Edit:
    I've modded the BIOS even further to get SMART info using this tutorial: app.box.com/s/lc5rr102orp24osq78np
    In BIOS after the mod i get "SMART: Disabled" wich makes no sense to me because then tere would be no error on startup.

I'm looking at this post now forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/5866-LENOVO-%28IBM%29-Bioses-especially-Thinkpad/page218?p=344779#post344779
    It's explaining how to remove errors on boot-up on Lenovo, (has Phoenix aswell) but i don't know what should i be looking for in my BIOS.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Sorry, i don't have enough posts for links.

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    get new drive.. or use hdat2 or mhdd to disable smart error in hdd