Remove whitelist check / add ID's to break hardware restrictions mod requests.

Discussion in 'BIOS Mod Requests. Post Requests Only' started by Yen, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Ipmark

Ipmark MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Ok, let's try.

Biosmod:
    HP_ProBook_4530s_sp54862_WL_Patched_LeoNYC.rar
    mediafire.com/download.php?ntnfvt6baniy85i

Keep your fingers crossed .... I cannot do more than this ATM.

Please post results.

2. georg82

georg82 MDL Novice

Jan 8, 2012
    Ipmark,

I came across a
    mod by Camiloml already.He tried to remove the whitelist as a whole.If you took only correct IDs WiFi-modules,can be turned to help me with my problem.In any case,thanks for your help, because no one else could not help me.For you I only hope.

3. Ipmark

Ipmark MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    The real problem is to find a way to reflash the modified bios without brick the PC.
    It can be done with an eeprom programmer and a RSA signed decrypted bios, but not with the windows flasher (patched or not) provided with the bios package.
    There must be some sort of check to prevent broken RSA signed bios flash, I don't know where.

It's very easy to patch your bios, it took 3 minutes only ...

Be patient for a while, I need to do some research on the web.

4. georg82

georg82 MDL Novice

Jan 8, 2012

I totally agree. I myself ran into a wall at the stage of the "right package" is already patched bios file...:(

5. LeoNYC

LeoNYC MDL Novice

Jan 29, 2012
    Hi Ipmark,

When I try to run the bios utility you provided in windows, upon hitting the first next button I get the following error:
    "Unable to read BIOS version information from CAB file. Please insure the CAB file is intended for this machine."

I also used the original HP package to create a USB key with erompaq to flash using DOS, and then replaced the BIOS file with the one you provided (extracted from rom.cab). After pressing F10 for the 3rd time (confirmation messages) I get the following error:
    "Failure writing to flash device. Please try updating the BIOS again." (I tried several times, always getting the same message.

Please advise..Thanks!

6. Ipmark

Ipmark MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Be sure to have a pendrive with the original biosfile renamed

SMC.BIN
    or
    HEWLETT-PACKARD\BIOS\CURRENT\68SRR.BIN

for bios recovery before trying to flash the modded bios !!

Try this:
    HP_ProBook_4530s_sp54862_WL_Patched_LeoNYC.rar
    mediafire.com/download.php?m7n4cji1rnige2c

Please post results.

7. OhioLefty

OhioLefty MDL Novice

Jan 26, 2012
    Is there any reason for me to keep requesting a BIOS mod for an HP Insyde RSA signed BIOS (sp55375, Intel, F.12)? I don't want to keep being a pain in the butt but I don't want to give up if there is hope. I would be willing to donate to someone who could successfully help me (post# 2035).

Thanks...

8. Serg008

Serg008 MDL BIOS/EFI Guru

Feb 23, 2010
  9. Serg008

Serg008 MDL BIOS/EFI Guru

Feb 23, 2010
    This mod for another laptop model. Not for you.