Remove whitelist check / add ID's to break hardware restrictions mod requests.

Discussion in 'BIOS Mod Requests. Post Requests Only' started by Yen, Jun 19, 2010.

1. thanh2h

thanh2h MDL BIOS/EFI Modifier

Aug 23, 2011
    Thanks. Question: NWL or SLIC not work?

2. jsmiddleton4

jsmiddleton4 MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2011
    Serg....

Did you make progress on writing the updated bios to the G580?

Jim

3. OskarTDI

OskarTDI MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    Hello,

it should actually the whitelist to be removed so that I can create a wireless install the card, but unfortunately yes it has destroyed my device while updating the BIOS, it only started quite wild to flash all leds what the device and then went nothing more . Had the complete power supply, thus interrupting it went out, reset this was not just power off and when I give the power back on it reacted the device no longer at was on the power button press as much as I wanted nothing just dead I now am thinking if it is what brings the bios chip replaced in the hope that it then goes back but you know, unfortunately, no one else before that I had no previous problems with the device, so let my thought desolder chip and a new pre-recorded back in and everything is beautiful. Or else you know a trick?

4. Serg008

Serg008 MDL BIOS/EFI Guru

Feb 23, 2010
    Are no news for you ... o_O

5. schnook

schnook MDL Novice

Jul 6, 2013
    Requesting nc6000 with removed whitelist. Thanks a lot!! (Also, if you wouldn't mind explaining in depth how you did it, I'm sure the community at large would appreciate it):):):biggrin:

6. schnook

schnook MDL Novice

Jul 6, 2013
    Do you, or does anybody, know the general process involved in removing a whitelist?? I am trying to do this with my ancient Compaq nc6000, and have just started reading a guide about reverse engineering bios firmware. Thanks, and I'm willing to offer advice too.