Remove windows 7 ultimate off Mac book pro 2011 & reinstall Mac os x version 10.6.3

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Cltimms, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Cltimms

Cltimms MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2012
    Ok, thanks in advanced but I have a MacBook that is using windows 7 that i lost password for so I am stuck a login screen. I want to boot the Mac os x from the startup but I'm getting errors and GRUB on command part. So lost not sure what to do, Do I need to first get bypass the password or is the cd compatitabilty the issue? I'm not familiar with macs at all... And help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

2. @muja@

@muja@ MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    Just put Mac OS X-Install USB_key(hold ALT-key) or Mac OS X Install DVD(hold down "C"-key) on keyboard and when on install screen find(utilieas-think)and inside youl find resset admin password mate.
    thats all

3. sable

sable MDL Novice

Feb 10, 2012
    #3 sable, May 20, 2012
    Last edited: May 20, 2012
    [C] key is used to boot from a CD, [D] key is useful to boot from a DVD, better is to hit [alt] to choose any bootable OS even on a USB drive.

Now using password resetter from Install drive, you'll be able to reset OS X admin password only but there's no OS X admin password to reset on a Windows installation.

I guess Windows is installed on an NTFS partition, right ? So OS X installer wouldn't be able to write on it. Better would be to install it on an external FAT 32 drive OSX Installer is able to manage formatting it as HFS+, then you'll need to install NTFS tool before to format internal drive.