RemoveWAT and SP1 update

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by danielkun, Jan 23, 2012.

1. danielkun

danielkun MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2009
    Hello,

I currently have Windows 7 running on a server that I control using Remote Desktop. To prevent any auto updates and to activate it, I ran RemoveWAT when I first installed W7 2 years ago. Now I'm thinking of installing SP1 and I'm wondering whether this will work painfully?

Should I restore anything before installing SP1?
    Or just install SP1 and then reinstall RemoveWAT?

Thanks!

2. jlgager

jlgager MDL Developer

Oct 30, 2009
    Uninstall RemoveWAT and install Windows Loader. RemoveWAT is outdated and should not be used.

3. danielkun

danielkun MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2009
    Thank you for your replies.
    I doubt if I even want to try a loader though. I remember installing W7 on this machine 2 years ago and struggling for days trying to get W7 not to display a BSOD. I tracked the problem down to the graphic driver not being able to work correctly with the loader I was using back then. I would be able to install the graphic driver OR the loader and the system would work fine but not have both of them installed together.
    The system itself is a "Fit PC-2" which may use irregular components from the ones used in normal intel products. Back then I just gave up and used REmoveWAT and everything was solved. Not pretty but it worked. And since this system was going to be run through remote desktop most of the time in an environment that I wouldn't have access to more than once a year, I figured updating it wouldn't be so smart either, in case something went wrong.
    Now that I actually have access to it, I'm worried that I may have to reinstall everything if I did try to update to SP1 so maybe I should just let it be as it is.. atleast it's working.

4. stevemk14ebr

stevemk14ebr MDL Senior Member

Jun 23, 2010
    i don't see why u should have any problems with the specs on that pc, it has a normal bios and an intel chipset so it should work. If you do try it just try all the conservative settings on the loader and use the newest graphics driver

5. Paiva

Paiva MDL Developer

Apr 9, 2011
    I also think you should try.
    Both the loader and the RemoveWAT work in version Service Pack 1.
    If something goes wrong, MBR Regenerator function is to make Windows clean factory.