Removing Annoying IE Security Message

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Throatystang, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Throatystang

Throatystang MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2009
  2. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    I do what twiz does as well. I only use FF with IE Tab.

3. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    Same here.. that's the best method.. i've turned off IE feature from control panel :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. gentoo

gentoo MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2009
  5. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    I'm also the same way... but I never touch IE except to download Firefox :p

Anyway, I believe the solution is the following:
    1. Hit Start and type 'gpedit.msc' and a window will pop up similar to the one for regedit
    2. Open the following folders (like in regedit):
      Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Internet Explorer
    3. Switch to the 'Standard' tab to make it easier to view, and about 25 items down, you'll see 'Turn off the Security Settings Check feature'
    4. Double click it and set it to 'Disabled'.

I hope this is what you were looking for.

6. naseap

naseap MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2009
    #8 naseap, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
    Go to control panel, system and security, action center. Under action center on the left hand side choose change action center settings. Under security message there is a box for internet security settings. Using the method by twiz will also get the job done. I found that learning how to use the group policy function (gpedit.msc) can solve alot of issues that many users have. I use the group policy to manage what users can access, install and edit on my pc's. I have been showing my friends how to use this so they can limit what their kids do on their computers.

7. Throatystang

Throatystang MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2009
    Bro this worked thanks so much, one minor thing you have to set it to Enabled instead of Disabled!

8. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    lol whoops! You're right.
    Mine was set to 'Not Configured' and I wasn't thinking when I was typing.

9. pezzonovante

pezzonovante MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    IE8 in protected mode is the most secure browser on the planet. It is better than firefox by a long way. I won't touch Firefox with a ten foot pole.

10. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    This post brought to you by Microsoft

11. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    LMAO.. i really lol'd at this :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. pezzonovante

pezzonovante MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    I have been using IE7 and IE8 in protected mode for the last three years and have never had any security problems. If you don't trust Microsoft, then why are you using their OS?

13. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    I've been using Firefox for the past 4 years and have never had any security problems.

First off, trust has nothing to do with it.
    Second, that's like saying the stock radio in your car is the best radio because it comes with your car.
    I and many other people just feel that Firefox is a better browser. Why wouldn't I use the best and most secure browser for my needs?