Removing BIOS Whitelists for new Dell Latitudes (e6220)

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by swmspam, Jan 11, 2012.

1. swmspam

swmspam MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2012
    I spent a couple hours reading BIOS modding posts. I did some practice by flashing my old Dell d430 with a modded BIOS. Now I feel sufficiently clueless to start asking questions.

(1) Most of the more interesting posts (including sticky) originate from 2009, although some threads are thousands of pages long up to the current date. It's hard to digest the history and content of these huge threads. Most links for modding tools are dead. Is there a current post or thread that shows availability of the latest generation of BIOS modding tools?

(2) I am trying to put a mPCIe SSD into my Dell Latitude e6220 with factory BIOS A02. The SuperTalent mPCIe SSD is actually a native mPCIe card (not a mSATA) with an integrated SATA controller. Upon first boot, the BIOS picked up the drive and POSTed. Windows wouldn't boot, but I successfully booted Unbuntu from USB. Subsequent boots won't POST anymore unless I remove the card. So I suspect there is a whitelist preventing POSTing with a non-authorized mPCIe card (but why did it POST the first few times?). Any opinions?

Thanks.