Removing system apps from android phone via cmd.exe on computer

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by xXxTainteDxXx, Jun 23, 2012.

1. xXxTainteDxXx

xXxTainteDxXx MDL Novice

Jun 22, 2012
    So I have been messing around with my android phone and I want to remove some of the system apps that are installed that I don't use or want. I have a ZTE Score (X500). I don't know if it's rooted or not.. I don't think so because it's pretty much stock. I have the Android Developer tools installed on my computer and have done a few things to it already like changes the location of where downloaded apps are installed (sd card instead of internal memory).. But that's about it. I have been researching stuff online and using the cmd.exe to do everything. Here are a few things that I would like to remove.. Documents to go (never use it and don't need it), Bubble breaker 2 (same), Latitude (never use it and don't need it), Muve Music app (not subscribed therefore don't need it), Poynt (same reason), and Uno (never play it, don't need it).
    So When I go into the cmd and put in everything that I need to to remove the stuff that I listed I get "adb: permission denied".
    Does anyone know how to get past this and get this crap off my phone??? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!!

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Run as admin??

:g:

3. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    #4 Stannieman, Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
    Indeed first root your device, then use rootexplorer to remove the apk from system\app.
    You can use any filemanager that can access system partition and supports root, but root explorer is by far the most used.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. xXxTainteDxXx

xXxTainteDxXx MDL Novice

Jun 22, 2012
    You guys rock!! Thank you so much for your help!!