Replaced Motherboard and looking to use Vista Loader

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Tezuka101, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Tezuka101

Tezuka101 MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2009
    Hello,

A few days ago, my motherboard decided to burn out, leaving me no choice but to replace it. Since the BIOs needs to be Vista compliant, the replacement made Vista think I am using a non-activated version of Vista.

With my other motherboard, I flashed the BIOs to make it compliant with Vista, but this time I was thinking of use the Vista Loader. I actually did try the Vista Loader last time, but it just froze after the post screen, leaving me with no option but to hard mod. I remember one of your friendly users/moderators helped me last time.:)

So my question is, does anybody know if my new motherboard (Gigabyte MA770-UD3) is compatible with Vista Loader 2.1.3 or not?

2. Everilda

Everilda MDL Senior Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #2 Everilda, Aug 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  3. Tezuka101

Tezuka101 MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2009
    Yep, Vista Loader worked perfectly.:)

I'll look into flashing my BIOs when it comes around to upgrading to Windows 7.

Thanks for the great information (again)!

4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    I dont see why. You will lose the loader in an update or two. Never with the bios. Now you may have to reinstall the Vista if you want to use the SLIC bios..

If you use a loader now, may as well stay with loaders with W7..:p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Tezuka101

Tezuka101 MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2009
    I am only using a loader for now because I have just got this motherboard today and I lack the confidence to mess with anything at the moment due to the burn out. So when I say "I'll look into flashing my bios", I really mean "I'll do it sometime next week". :p