[REPO] Windows 10 TELEMETRY REPOSITORY

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Yen, Aug 4, 2015.

1. ch100

ch100 MDL Addicted

Sep 11, 2016
    This policy
    Code:
    Computer Policy\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Regional and Language Options - Allow input personalization set to Disabled.
    adds the registry entry
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\InputPersonalization
    with the value
    AllowInputPersonalization DWORD 0

and for consistency I am adding this one, which I don't find essential though (for 64-bit OS)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Policies\Microsoft\InputPersonalization
    with the value
    AllowInputPersonalization DWORD 0

This translates to
    Code:
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\InputPersonalization" /v "AllowInputPersonalization" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Policies\Microsoft\InputPersonalization" /v "AllowInputPersonalization" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

Just to clarify, this is in addition to the values already mentioned, not to replace them, at least for added peace of mind, as they may be the only required values after all.

2. MyDigLifes

MyDigLifes MDL Novice

Apr 9, 2018
    Stumbled upon this thread. Glad to find big batches of registry edits to put into my new builds. I've been using MSMG for a while to customize Windows 10.

FYI, Disabling telemetry from install is in the works in MSMG's latest build, but users have reported that it currently causes issues with windows updates.

3. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    #823 ThomasMann, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    Hello tried it on my Win10 tablet, but only "Access is denied" on both
    Where do I go from here?
    Thanks

Delete:
    Code:
    sc delete dmwappushservice
    sc delete diagtrack

Answer: Access Denied

4. dikhed69

dikhed69 MDL Novice

Feb 7, 2018
    Hi, I followed CODYQX4's guide on "Windows Firewall Configuration - Truly Block EVERYTHING..." as "Allow Only Core Networking + Block Windows Update".
    It seems to work pretty well, except for the fact, that router does log connections to / in telemetry servers on port 80 (http).
    When it comes to windows, netstat -ano does not list them, neither process hacker 2 show any related connections.

As far as I understand, rerouting ips would work, but the list seems to be never ending - a fight without an end, therefore will not be won anytime soon.

Does anyone know how/where the ips are sourced on the OS? All related ips should be gathered from os (including yet unused ones) and be rerouted. (I believe running os on a virtual machine, configured this way and later doing a ram dump searching ip of the occured http connection might yield the source of the process, which initiated the connection, possibly the source of ips as well.)
    And, right, do we have a script or tool to do mass rerouting?

On the other side, do we have people with success stories of disabling telemetry successfully? Of course with the test on the router side. Which steps were necessary? Perhaps I miss some registry tweak to approach this windows 10 no-telemetry nirvana.

5. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Hence the need for a better script.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    Why not just block all windows processes and then work your way up from there? You can always install updates offline or allow svchost, when checking for updates.
    Svchost is required to connect out to update certificates within browsers, but not always. It is also needed to handle DNS requests and get IP from DHCP server.
    But if you setup IP and DNS servers manually (and disable the useless and dangerous DNS Cache service), you do not need either to be allowed.
    There also other requirements, if you need store, cortana, sharing, LAN, but there are better 3rd party alternatives to handle most of it. My rules:

Attached Files:

8. dikhed69

dikhed69 MDL Novice

Feb 7, 2018
    As for testing I did set firewall to block all undefined inbound, outbound connections and deleted all rules.
    Outcome is such that on router side one 137 to 192.168.1.255 was spotted, some 53 connections (to router) and quite a lot of 80s to telemetry server(-s). Windows is not showing any presence of 53s or 80s on netstat and process hacker 2.
    DNS Client service stop and other options are grayed out for me, cannot disable it.

9. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    #830 TairikuOkami, Jun 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2018

Attached Files:

10. ForeverYoung2

ForeverYoung2 MDL Novice

Dec 5, 2015
    As you may already know windows creates an additional service for each user with a different name extension.
    ex.
    OneSyncSvc
    OneSyncSvc_a30a7z

They are both enabled by default and require registry Start 4 to be dissabled.
    Question is: how to run a for each key path that begins with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\OneSyncSvc.
    So this can dissable both without knwoing the unique _xyz path.

11. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Directly in Command Prompt:
    Code:
    for /f "delims=" %k in ('reg query "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services" /k /f "OneSyncSv*" ^| find "OneSyncSv"') do reg add "%k" /v Start /t REG_DWORD /d 4 /f

In a batch file:
    Code:
    for /f "delims=" %%k in ('reg query "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services" /k /f "OneSyncSv*" ^| find "OneSyncSv"') do reg add "%%k" /v Start /t REG_DWORD /d 4 /f

12. ForeverYoung2

ForeverYoung2 MDL Novice

Dec 5, 2015
    Thanks @BAU

Last question, certain schtasks need SYSTEM priviledges to be disabled so I do
    psexec64.exe -i -s cmd.exe and enter manually
    1. Is putting them on a bat equivalent in terms of priviledges? like
    psexec64.exe -i -s test.bat

2. Also for some reason I have lost spell check... is it solely dependent on chrome? I have dissabled it so it doesn't send data to google but I get no spell check even on this forum... writing this post. Any windows native options?

13. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    I'm not using psexec so I don't know about that, but it's safer to launch cmd than a file association directly. For example: cmd.exe /c call test.bat
    Spellchecking should be a feature of the browser itself - check your options. It probably needs javascript support too.

14. asache

asache MDL Junior Member

Apr 11, 2008
  15. hoak

hoak MDL Member

Nov 13, 2009
    #840 hoak, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018