[REPO] Windows 10 TELEMETRY REPOSITORY

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Yen, Aug 4, 2015.

1. drew84

drew84 MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2014
  2. babo81

babo81 MDL Novice

Sep 12, 2017
    #1102 babo81, Jan 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    Would these changes affect xbox functionality? I am having issues installing games from the xbox app and the only thing I can think of that changed was applying these policies. What policies would I have to revert to gain access?

edit: It started working again so I am thinking it was an issue with microsoft

3. vladnil

vladnil MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2019
    Windows 10 Insider Preview 19546.1000.rs
    Everything was deleted together with the store and Windows Defender was deleted MICROSOFT EDGE + DISABLING CORTANA. UPDATES DISABLED.
    The computer was turned on for 2 days; nobody was working on it; Wireshark was running
    Despite this, in 2 days Wireshark passed many 300 megabyte packets.
    Question:
    If it makes sense to turn off everything, if all the same there is a drain of information to some random addresses?
    And what to do?

Windows 10 Insider Preview 19546.1000.rs

Удалено всё вместе с магазином и Windows Defender удален MICROSOFT EDGE + DISABLING CORTANA. ОТКЛЮЧЕНЫ ОБНОВЛЕНИЯ.

Компьютер был включённый 2 дня на нем никто не работал была запущена Wireshark

несмотря на это за 2 дня Wireshark прошло много пакетов 300 мегабайт.

Вопрос:

Если смысл отключения всего, если все равно происходит слив информации на какие-то рандомные адреса?

И что делать?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. rogierel

rogierel MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2012
    Would probably be helpful if somehow you could share the Wireshark logs, or at least the ip/hosts that the system communicated with

5. Cirodi

Cirodi MDL Junior Member

Apr 30, 2011
    @CHEF-KOCH
    Unfortunately, I had to set the automatic start again of DNS service because its disable was blocking virtual machines to connect to internet through NAT.
    Any idea to catch both the goals?

6. rogierel

rogierel MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2012
    This post started in 2015, for clarity, can someone start a new post where we keep the updated telemetry and privacy settings?
    This thread is really a trial and error of many different ip's being blocked, services being disabled, apps being removed, registry settings etc.
    We really need a post with an up-to-date overview of what is relevant for Windows 10 if you install it today - maybe @Yen or @CHEF-KOCH can create the post? But I don't care who does it, but I am sure there are many like me out there that are so confused by all the old posts and tricks...

Thanks!

7. rogierel

rogierel MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2012
    @TairikuOkami: I totally understand your point, but if we keep doing that (and yes I am doing the same as you), then we keep adding obsolete entries and building that list, so it will become even bigger in the future.
    As I am sure quite some people will work on these privacy issues, there is much development, new tools, people scanning with WireShark, like it shows in this thread.
    It would be nice to start a comparison of everything and see what actually is useful and what is not - I know this can change - but referring to a comparison post of 2015 says it all really, lot of older data we can find on the subject, too much, so it's very confusing for newbies like myself.
    I still think it would not be a bad idea to start a new thread, preferably by someone like @Yen (starter of this thread) or someone like @CHEF-KOCH, who would keep a thread up-to-date together with other people here, so when new things are discovered, it's not added to a long dialog, but it's changed in the overview for privacy issues.

But this is just my wish, if I am the only one, then no reason to do anything like that, i hope i am not the only one though :)

8. rogierel

rogierel MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2012
    Haha, you got me there 100%! I was checking out everything here, but was in the process of creating my reply to you and did not bother to click on the link yet. Ok, fair enough, there is probably no need then to create such an updated thread here, though still all those links added to @Yen's first post would be handy.

9. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    #1113 TairikuOkami, Jan 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    The tool itself is not very impressive though, unlike most tools, it does not show whether the setting is applied or not. I run those tools time to time to check, if I am not missing out anything.

Attached Files:

10. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
  11. Windows10LTSC

Windows10LTSC MDL Novice

Jan 30, 2020
    Do you suggest tools like Simplewall by Henry++ for use in W10LTSC?

12. dreamydreamy

dreamydreamy MDL Junior Member

Dec 25, 2019
    Would be nice if there was a tool/script for completely disabling/removing telemetry from a "untouched/unupdated" 2019 ltsc. Like a full disabling at each checkpoint, each ltsc release. IE here is ltsc 2019 (1809) and telemetry has been fully disabled, and do the same thing next ltsc release. Id use something like this even if its more risky security wise. (Unless something like this already exists and i missed it.)

13. Cirodi

Cirodi MDL Junior Member

Apr 30, 2011
    @CHEF-KOCH
    It would be very beneficial even in a knowledge perspective.
    Thanks a lot in advance in case.

14. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    #1120 CHEF-KOCH, Feb 2, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2020