[REPO] Windows 10 TELEMETRY REPOSITORY

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Yen, Aug 4, 2015.

1. kyrcy

kyrcy MDL Member

Feb 25, 2020
    I am not sure what do you mean with the above, but I think what I read was questioning the reason anyone would seek anonymity through Tor when there is already spying from the operating system itself.

2. vladnil

vladnil MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2019
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. vladnil

Jan 19, 2019
    2020-08-23_210214.jpg
    Do not forget to delete the Anchors in the registry.
    It is necessary!
    Failure to remove them disappears all the work in the fight against telemetry!

Press Win+R, type regedit, press enter, and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services

Here we need to locate the follwing keys:

• DPS
    • WdiServiceHost
    • WdiSystemHost
    Right click the key and select Permissions, then click Advanced, change the Owner to your username, check "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" and "Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object", if inheritance is enabled, disable it and convert to explicit permissions, apply, remove all the permission entries and add one for your username with Full control, confirm everything and delete the key.
    Repeat for the 3 keys and you're done.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. BetADNA

BetADNA MDL Junior Member

Jul 26, 2015
    u got a little bit more details and infos on this?
    i mean, if i disable something or delete it i want to understand exactly why and what this DPS/wdiServiceHost, etc etc does.

i really apprechiate your postings but you need to put more INFO in your posts.. please.. :)

5. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    Those services are used by troubleshooting and compatibility. Obviously they are "bad", because they record telemetry, so they can provide fixes. But they only run, when a problem is detected, like crashed software, BSOD, etc.

6. vladnil

Jan 19, 2019
  7. zbigniew59

zbigniew59 MDL Senior Member

May 14, 2016
  8. BetADNA

Jul 26, 2015
    hmmm, i see... Thanks for the Infos :)

it seems like those services are allready DISABLED on my PC. (not deleted, but disabled) So i guess thats all fine then..
    ( i guess Blackbird allready took care of those, or i did it myself when i installed windows LTSC^^. who knows.. Important part is, its disabled and cant run here..

Best Regards

9. What is Blackbird . Please any link

10. BetADNA

Jul 26, 2015
  11. Great tool worked great on my win10 2004 build 19041.450 Consumer OEM Retail . It does a great job to disable many services on the go . all registry tweaks , scheduled tasks , autologger were already found green by it in scan.
    Thanks a lot .

12. >SoyBoi<

>SoyBoi< MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2020
    #1253 >SoyBoi<, Aug 28, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    I don't know if it was this but soon after I did this my network settings somehow got f**ked and none of my VPNS connect anymore.

happen twice. First time thought it was my fault but I formatted and followed this guide and it didn’t allow my vpn apps to connect. Tried two different vpns and even bought another one to make sure the first vpn wasn’t the problem.

edit: linustechtips(.)com/main/topic/1079458-windows-10-1903-breaks-vpn-connections-if-you-have-telemetry-disabled/

Using the Wireguard worked for to connect to WeVPN, for some reason the wireguard app works. didnt have to do windows manual vpn config.

13. vladnil

Jan 19, 2019
    Our VPN works, like everything on the network.

14. BetADNA

Jul 26, 2015
    well, its present on my Windows LTSC 2019 :p

lalalalalla.PNG

And its Up to Date also.....

15. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014

Attached Files: