[REPO] Windows 10 TELEMETRY REPOSITORY

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Yen, Aug 4, 2015.

yes of no use hence i am too using these in my Privacy Script Called by SetupComplete [Post Oobe Process] :
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/win10-tweaking-scripts.82116/page-11#post-1635772

Forum Thread of My Scripts :
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/win10-tweaking-scripts.82116

Thanks & Regards :)

1. vladnil

vladnil MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2019
    Returning to the question
    Where does the Windows traffic go if there is NO TCP \ UDP traffic?
    When installing Windows between the client machine and Microsoft servers, a peer-to-peer network is created, each user by default is a potential link.
    User interactions on the home ISP side are identified as chaotic connections to random hosts.
    The number of connections of a client with a white IP on average varies around the four thousand mark. In addition to the payload, this includes the exchange of service information with other routers on the network and transit traffic.
    Conclusion where the traffic is merged and it is not at the same time, which cannot be detected, the result may be I2P or an analogue of the Yggdrasil Network through which user information is merged from keystrokes to screenshots, etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lakrispipe

lakrispipe MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2019
    Shutup 10 = Smoke and Mirrors

O&O; the company that displays a large "GOLD MICROSOFT PARTNER" logo on their website?

Microsoft would NEVER in a million years partner with a company that claims to "disable antispy features" - because doing so would go against the companys whole status quo (data collection).

So they partner with this ((Microsoft-Friendly)) company, support their app that reduces data collection BUT will not eliminate it at all. The logical thought process to follow here is that MS would much rather collect SOME data than NOTHING from customers that WANT to DISABLE Telemetry. MS Shills are instructed to recommend Shutup10 whenever the topic of data collection comes up. Once you recognize this it's obvious that it's all smoke and mirrors.

That said I would recommend Blackbird (remember to back up everything beforehand).

Interesting! Rather than catching the network activity, have you tried testing with a system kernel driver; bypass all security checks and see if any suspicious MS IO-activity shows up, with the appropriate filters applied? I might look into this as I'm experimenting with a powerful kernel filter driver at the moment, running at the highest altitude independant on any existing MS modules. In theory, from what I understand, it should pick up everything.

3. ETRZAIm0

ETRZAIm0 MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2016
    #1285 ETRZAIm0, Mar 24, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    That's a bit extreme. Shutup 10 actually does apply the configurations that it says it does.
    I don't disagree with the rest of your comments, but being Microsoft Gold Certified partner does not mean that O&O Software GmbH is controlled by MS and must only create software dictated by MS...

Also I can trust Shutup 10 a little more than other apps, because it is rare that anyone does anything out of goodness of their hearts and for the benefit of humanity. In this case O&O Software incentive for creating Shutup 10 is to bring more attention and potential customers for their other products.

4. Please Go Through This Thread & Check $OEM$ Pack which consist of almost all win10 Privacy Apps With Best Configurations.
    How to Use : Just Copy $OEM$ to Sources Directory of ISO & Repack it Using any Among these ISO Apps Ultra ISO or Power ISO & there You Go.
    Code:
     https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/win10-tweaking-scripts.82116/ 

5. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    It's setting Disable Telemetry, does not even touch any telemetry setting, it only disables 2 services (one used for notifications, so people will most likely revert it anyway) and the old logger, MS is using a new one for years (Diagtrack-Listener).

capture_03102021_092834.jpg

6. ceo54

ceo54 MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2015
    Thanks for the suggestion, I tried and it did somethings but I don't see anything blocked neither in the HOSTS file nor in the firewall. Where is it actually blocking the stuff ?? I double checked everything is blocked and status is green.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. ceo54

ceo54 MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2015
    How can you track the registry changes made by an app ? Please tell me your secret.

8. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    RegFromApp is easy, but Process Monitor is more informative, you just have to filter results, usually App's name and Operation RegSetValue will do.

Attached Files:

9. ceo54

ceo54 MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2015
    Thanks. Very helpful but Process Monitor shows me the registry path app is accessing but not the changes it's making to a particular key, is there any way to get those. Getting error with Regfromapp.

10. Process Mon & Process Exp worked when regfromapp fails & is more informative.
    or
    Simply
    Reg Changes View will also do the same.
    capture reg snapshot then do some changes & match with current reg will result in showing what you change.

11. ceo54

ceo54 MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2015
    Taking registry snapshots and comparing them is very time intensive process. @TairikuOkami screenshot shows the exact registry key accessed by the process and reg data too. Looking for something similar. Thank you for the reaction though.

12. vladnil

Jan 19, 2019
    stubs returned in assembly server 20324, and the new assembly already contains indications of this: the MUI file of the Windows.CloudStore.dll library found a line with the word "Placeholder" - "stub".

13. vladnil

Jan 19, 2019
  14. vladnil

Jan 19, 2019
  15. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
  16. drew84

drew84 MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2014
    @lakrispipe ... have to say, in total agreement here

17. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Yes, you should definitely publish it.

If you can easily revert such a setting in time, the user usually doesn't need to be notified. But if the program fails to revert the setting (or fails to do in a timely manner), notify the user immediately so (s)he can take action manually.