[REPO] Windows 10 TELEMETRY REPOSITORY

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Yen, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Techville

Techville MDL Novice

Jan 28, 2021
    Cheers.

I have read through the post already but that's exactly why I am asking as its totally clear to me

So I have done the steps in the first post :
    1. Set telemetry level to 0 = security.
    2. Set Turn off Windows Network Connectivity Status Indicator active tests to Enabled.
    3. Disable Defender SmartScreen.

Do I then need to go the steps in Post 2: WINDOWS 10 TELEMETRY REPO ?

Delete Telemetry Services
    Delete Remnants of Diagtrack and Cortana
    Task Scheduler Block
    IP Re-Routing
    Hosts File Block
    Packages Uninstall Lists
    PEERBLOCK for Blocking Telemetry
    Windows 10 IP Range Block List
    Apps Online Uninstall

Is it either/or.?

For example in doing steps 1-3 above means I do not need to Delete Telemetry Services, Delete Remnants of Diagtrack and Cortana, ask Scheduler Block etc ?
    Steps 1-3 takes care of the other steps ?

Thanks

2. freddie-o

freddie-o MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    #1322 freddie-o, Sep 11, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2021

Personally I've been at it for years. I observed there are almost as many [configurations, scripts, tools, how tos] as there are those that are either "disabling" or minimizing it. Presently I resigned myself to just minimizing it through the Registry as shown here.

3. Techville

Techville MDL Novice

Jan 28, 2021
    Thanks alot of that, I will take a look.

BTW, why is defender bad from a privacy issue - is it not enough to simply disable submission to cloud for suspicious files ?

4. freddie-o

freddie-o MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    There's that--Microsoft Active Protection Service (MAPS), Malicious Software Removal Tool (MRT), Smartscreen and Windows Defender itself that monitor, log and report everything. Better to just chuck the whole darn thing. :D

5. Hayabusa

Hayabusa MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2009
    Hi Guys/girls

been reading for an hour but it looks like I cant find anything for the new win 10 build
    would like some to give some help to turn of telemetry in

Windows 10 Pro
    version : 20H2
    Osbuild: 19042.1165
    Not areally a smarty pant on this topic so please keep a explanation as simple as can bee

Thanks -;))

6. answered in private msg as reply to your query.

Thanks to you too.

7. Hayabusa

Hayabusa MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2009
    Thanks for your help and reply and the time taken to make the telemetry process stop,. must have been a changeling I guess
    cheers -:))

8. Latest AutosettingsPS 0.4.6 now work with both w10 as well as w11 too . no need to use separate autosettingsps ver for different win builds. Just use Latest 0.4.6 & there you go without any telemetry as well as bloatware too.
    Edit Presets according to your needs.

9. mememan1234

mememan1234 MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2021
    Someone wanna do this for LTSC 2021?

10. jammy2014

jammy2014 MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2016
    Tried ltsc 2021 and used all the known disabling telemetry and phoning home. I have got it down to just 1 annoying request which is fs.microsoft.com. Is there anyway to stop this one?

11. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Font Streaming - The following endpoints are used to download fonts on demand. If you turn off traffic for these endpoints, you will not be able to download fonts on demand. - fs.microsoft.com*
    reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System /v EnableFontProviders /d 0 /t reg_dword /f

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. jammy2014

jammy2014 MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2016
    Great. Thanks

13. BraneStawm

BraneStawm MDL Novice

Apr 14, 2020
    Would you be kind enough to give a brief summary of the scripts/apps you used. I have read this entire thread and there are so many suggestions it's become difficult to keep up.

Many thanks

14. Just Use MSMG toolkit on Offline Image.
    Then Use OOshutup + Windows Privacy Dashboard on Current installed OS.

You will be done with very less Telemetry nothing else is required for smooth & stable running of your OS.

15. BraneStawm

BraneStawm MDL Novice

Apr 14, 2020
    I have been using Blackbird for several years and it has been great, but it's not tested (by the developer) for LTSC 2021 and I have experienced a few issues. I will look at MSMG tool kit now.
    Thanks for the quick response.

16. kyrcy

kyrcy MDL Member

Feb 25, 2020
    Some executable still attempt to connect to the internet after using O&O ShutUp10++ and WPD on installed OS. Am I missing something?

17. Have you used MSMG toolkit on offline image index which you used to install on your machine.

18. kyrcy

kyrcy MDL Member

Feb 25, 2020
    No, I haven't. Can you explain how to do that and why?