[REPO] Windows 10 TELEMETRY REPOSITORY

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Yen, Aug 4, 2015.

1. schubidubi

schubidubi MDL Junior Member

Nov 9, 2022
  2. freddie-o

freddie-o MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    #1822 freddie-o, Nov 14, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
    For years I tried and tested a lot of apps for disabling Telemetry until I decided to just do it myself. This way I knew what I was disabling and I could disable as much Telemetry as I possibly could

3. :)

4. ceferino

ceferino MDL Novice

May 18, 2019
    Hi, I'm really overwhelmed by all the alternatives available to enhance privacy on Windows.

After installing Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021, what do I really have to do? What's the best alternative?

Should I just turn off settings in control panel and adjust the recommend setting by Yen in the first post of this thread and/or execute the .bat made by AveYo.

I'm aware of apps/scripts like W10Privacy and PRIVACY.SEXY but i would prefer manage setting myself through control panel and group policy editor. I also read that NextDNS or Aguard Home or simplewall can do the job too without messing with registry keys.

5. schubidubi

Nov 9, 2022
  6. schubidubi

Nov 9, 2022
    Thank you, good to know!

Does it work good with Home Editions and also with 22H2 Version? Cause i saw it got longer time no updates. I use Sandboxie-Plus from David and I'm impressed by the work he does on it! :)

Does this mean, that when i install the GroupPolicy Editor for Win10 Home, i can use the scripts here provided for Enterprise/LTSC/Server on a Home Edition?

Yeah, i believe that freddie-o is a very smart Person and much credits to him for the work he does and the help he provides. But you also helped me to find a solution, so credits to you too, from my side! :hug:

7. :) yes for every query my friend but last one i will again say that i m just a learning user so all credits to all MDL experts | i am a learner | learning people never will know anything the Experts do :) learning a lot again from MDL these days :)

8. schubidubi

Nov 9, 2022
    Good to know, then i wait for an answer from freddie-o, what he has to say about the Questions from my post before!

Can i ask you last which Windows 10 version you have installed and what solutions you prefer? Or do you use only priv10 from David?

9. ceferino

ceferino MDL Novice

May 18, 2019
    Yes, it's very annoying.

Some options seem to be quite extreme, some others don't seem to be reliable. I'd prefer just tweak settings in control panel and group policy. People also recommend just use something like NextDNS or simplewall.

Anyway, i just started looking at alternatives to enhanced Windows privacy recently. I'm planning to use Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021 and and go from there and i'd like to have a clear picture about what to do after complete installation to enhanced privacy.

10. yes friend if os is just to play games then the user must not worry about telem | bloat or even spies installed :)

11. schubidubi

Nov 9, 2022
    Thats the Problem, i don't want to play just Games! I will do everything and that on one OS, without DualBoot! :red_bandana:

So enough said. Bye Bye, for now..., i'm out :tv_happy:

12. freddie-o

freddie-o MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    #1835 freddie-o, Nov 15, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
    My script is "overkill"

"Audit" sounds very broad to me. This is the purpose of disabling Telemetry

AFAIK Education and Enterprise are almost similar... but if you will be removing "bloat" and disabling Telemetry it won't make much difference

The advantage of Enterprise, Education, LTSC and Server is telemetry can be set to "0" whereas with
    other SKUs you cannot

13. pm67310

pm67310 MDL Guru

Sep 6, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. TesterMachineOS

TesterMachineOS MDL Member

Apr 20, 2021
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. haz367

haz367 MDL Addicted

Jan 11, 2020
    User-friendly?

Ok!