[REQ] Script to enable/disable Windows built-in Loudness Equalization

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by ViwwiV, Mar 30, 2014.

1. champe2332

champe2332 MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2022
    can't download the file. can you upload it again

2. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
  3. iratedownloader

iratedownloader MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2017
    This doesn't work for me on Windows 11. I tested it with 2 realtek devices connected (Bose QC35 and a UGreen USB Dac) with loudness equalization On. I ran the exe in an administrator cmd window. It says 1 and 0 but the loudness equalization state never changed.

4. ScarletShadow

ScarletShadow MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2023
    Im trying to make this work as well on windows 11 but while it says enable or disabled, the issue remains. It's driving me crazy, just wanna turn it off.

5. ScarletShadow

ScarletShadow MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2023
    Im not sure if this is a useful discovery or not, but my laptop is a 2-1 convertible, and when I bend the screen back, which switched certain windows settings and such, the issue goes away.
    If im playing a youtube video already, and I bend the screen back enough to toggle tablet settings, the volume stays the same. However if I pause the video, then bend the screen back, and then hit play, it plays at the full volume without any loudness equalization.

I hope this helps someone solve this issue... and if it does, please report back for us! Thank you!!

6. radrad13

radrad13 MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2023
    Somehow none of the tools worked for me, but this one did: KudoAmine/Toggle-Loudness-Equalization (can't post links, so find it yourself on GitHub)
    Go to Releases on the right and download the .rar. Checked .exe on VirusTotal - looks clean, and you can inspect the source code as well.
    It has a device selector and displays a nice popup when you toggle loudness equalization.
    Thank you, KudoAmine, you saved me!

7. ScarletShadow

ScarletShadow MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2023
    I just tried it, and every time I run it, it says Loudness Equalization is On. I tried deleting the settings file and select all enhancements instead, and while it says Off, I can hear that it's still on. Seems theres something locking it on for me. :(
    If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

8. Kibido

Kibido MDL Novice

Apr 9, 2023
    Yeah that's the only one that seems to work on 11. Works flawlessly and even has a GUI.

9. ZaCloud

ZaCloud MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2023
    This particular one works perfectly for me (on Windows 10), yaaay! :D
    (Windows Defender did hit a false-positive, thinking it was an Android PUA, but everything checked out just fine in the code; it's just cuz of how it operates & MS's security makes assumptions based on that. I force-allowed it & it's good to go.)