Request Elitegroup slp key for XP Pro

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by schooluser, Jul 18, 2009.

1. schooluser

schooluser MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2009
    #1 schooluser, Jul 18, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
    Request ECS Elitegroup slp key for XP Pro

I see in the collection that there is one for home and one for media center, but I'm looking for pro. If anyone reads this and has one or can find one, please let me know.

I believe I read in a thread that any SLP key will preactivate as long as you have the proper oembios files, is that true? If so, I will use that as a last resort if no one responds with one or private messages me with one within the next couple of days.

2. schooluser

schooluser MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2009
    #3 schooluser, Jul 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
    (OP)
    I had to install a couple of different times because one of the drivers I used was killing it, and the second time I tried the IBM slp key for XP pro and that one pre-activated, so I can confirm IBM is the ECS slp key for XP Pro.

(I got a hunch after looking up ECS Elitegroup and finding out they were primarily an IBM component manufacturer before they became widely known, so I tried it and it worked)

Also, I think the copy of xp pro sp3 I used was flawed in some way, because I noticed a lot of errors in the install log, so I switched to a Dell oem that I have. Now I need to figure out how to make it not install the Dell directory to the hard drive. Would it cause an error or any problems if I just deleted the $OEM$ directory? Any errors with my nlited drivers and hotfixes?

If anyone can answer that I would appreciate it.

3. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    No.They just wont install if they are called from a batch or cmd inthe $OEM$ folder and you wil likely see errors in the install log. Some of the Dell stuff will still install because it is called in scvpack.inf, and thus uses svcpack to install. It is best to use a clean OEM.

Maybe the errors were a copy error (bad burn)??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. schooluser

schooluser MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2009
    It could have been, I was using a re-writable because I wasn't sure if the key would work, though the other installs including the dell didn't have the problem from the same re-writable, it's possible it was just a temporary glitch. Now I just have to figure out how to integrate my nvidia driver, it's being a pain when trying to integrate and I was trying to avoid having to install it manually every time, but I guess that's the only option.

5. 2centsworth

2centsworth MDL Senior Member

Feb 12, 2008
    Do not use re-writable discs for windows OS installations. RW media is useful for some things, but installing windows is not one of them.

6. tds

tds MDL Junior Member

Sep 5, 2008

why not?
    i did with no problem for hundreds of PCs.

anyway i do not use cd to install xp now.