Request for Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Rev 1.1 ver. f10f beta SLIC 2.1

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Aiziatek, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Aiziatek

Aiziatek MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2009
    i have a Gigabyte GA EP45-UD3P Rev 1.1 & would appreciate it greatly if someone can make possible for a SLIC 2.1 for BIOS f10f beta.

Many thanks in advance for any help! :)

2. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    It's not that hard to mod

1. Download your bios
    2. Download the Award tool from this forum
    3. Unpack the tool wherever you want it
    4. Click on the award tool .exe file
    5. Mount the bios
    6. Select SLIC (Dell, HP or any you want)
    7. Click on SSV3 and select Go
    8. Look in the award tool folder (from point 3) for you modded bios named with _slic.

*. SLP option is not needed if you dont want to use xp

3. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    #3 NoJuan999, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  4. Aiziatek

Aiziatek MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2009
    @Michel and @NoJuan999,

Hey guys, thanks for the very fast response! Pulling my hair just to know how is it done...

I'm using Vista and going to insall Win7 professional or ultimate for my desktop computer & Lenovo laptop.

Thanks again for the support/assistance!

5. hollowel

hollowel MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2009
    I have this motherboard with the same revision and followed the instructions above. I have used SLIC dump toolkit and Everest to verify if I did it correctly and both show the SLIC table as version 2.0 ASUS Notebook. This is with the original none hacked BIOS and with a hacked BIOS using the above instructions. I have tried this with both the HP and Dell SLIC tables. I even tried a hacked F9 BIOS that I downloaded from this site that was untested with the same results. I did see the Dell and HP in some of the other ACPI settings but not in SLIC.

I have Windows Vista 64 on the system so the DOS flasher that came with the BIOS wouldn't work with Vista 64 so I used @BIOS to flash the BIOS. Could @BIOS be my problem?

6. phrunt

phrunt MDL Addicted

May 1, 2007
    Sounds like you've had a loader installed on your machine as an asus 2.0 slic. remove any loaders and then see your results.

7. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Uninstall the loader. If you installed a preactivated version of Vista or other, it has a loader...like it or not.:cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. hollowel

hollowel MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2009
    Thanks for the info it never occurred to me that I had a loader. I used voatk tools 2.5 to remove the loader now to activate my copy of Vista. Once verified I'll upload the BIOS if needed.

Thanks again for your help!

9. hollowel

hollowel MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2009
    I got mine activated

Thanks again everyone for your help.

The only thing I would add to the list above is verify your certificate while you're in the tool to make sure you have the right one. Your certificate needs to match the SLIC you choose.

1. Download your bios
    2. Download the Award tool from this forum
    3. Unpack the tool wherever you want it
    4. Click on the award tool .exe file
    5. Mount the bios
    6. Select SLIC (Dell, HP or any you want)
    7. Click verify by certificate and navigate to the certificate you plan to use.
    8. Click on SSV3 and select Go
    9. Look in the award tool folder (from point 3) for you modded bios named with _slic.
    10. Flash your BIOS, I used the windows tool supplied by Gigabyte called @BIOS to flash mine and it worked.
    11. Install your verified certificate and OEM key and it should be activated.

*. SLP option is not needed if you dont want to use xp

10. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    #10 NoJuan999, Nov 20, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
    You Definitely Should NOT do Step 7 OR Step 10!!!!!!!
    Only use the Certificate Verification AFTER you re-load the Sucessfully Modified BIOS Back into the SLIC tool !
    Flash With FLASHSPI (from the Gigabyte Web Site) in DOS

11. hollowel

hollowel MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2009
    Thanks NoJuan999 from what I have read I was very lucky using @BIOS for flashing, so that is a no no. I'm not sure what is wrong with #7 unless you are saying it is better to verify the certificate against the modified BIOS so you can check to see if the modification was successful and it reads correctly. If that is the case then #7 wouldn't be bad but it should be repeated on the modified BIOS. Am I correct on my thinking?

12. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    There have been errors reported that have not been reproducible with the cert not in the tool during mod. Whether it is related or not, do you want to take the chance??:cool::cool:

I just recommend that you use the tool to modify the bios, the certs are well labeled here. You can verify the cert to bios later. To mod put the bios in the tool, slp if you wish, and the slic you want..no more.

The certificate verification is absolutely not necessary, as the slic/cert combos are matched in our packs..

BTW: @bios was very lucky for you...congrats...LOL

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. m9x3mos

m9x3mos MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2009
    Sorry phone won't let me edit I mean slp. The one for xp ident and activation