Request thread for problematic Phoenix bioses, preferably SONY VAIO and others.

Discussion in 'BIOS Mod Requests. Post Requests Only' started by Yen, Aug 14, 2009.

1. nick10221

nick10221 MDL Novice

Sep 28, 2013
    My apologies if I may be asking in the wrong thread, but I didn't find anything specific to my problem across the forum. I have a Sony Vaio VGN-AW11M/H which got a bios corruption for reason unknown. I have spare SPI eeproms but I'm afraid I cannot flash them without the correct bios in BIN format (which of course I don't have).
    Can someone please help me getting the right file? Thanks in advance.

2. dzrkdw

dzrkdw MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2012
    Sony Vaio VGN-FZ290E SLIC 2.1 Request

I have searched the site and found nothing. I am sorry I don't have the original bios and I cannot find it even on Sony's site. Any help is most appreciated.

-Motherboard Manufacturer and Model : Sony Vaio Laptop Model VGN-FZ290E
    -Bios Revision : R1120J7
    -Bios Type : Unknown
    -Bios SLIC : SLIC 2.0 (Assumed since came preinstalled with Vista)
    -Bios Link : Cannot Find
    -Rw-everything report: No OS on machine yet

Thanks

3. C_man

C_man MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2013
    Dell Latitude D530 A10 bios mod

Could someone please repost a link to the file for Dell Latitude D530 A10? All links have found are dead or expired. Thanks in advance.:biggrin:

4. dzrkdw

dzrkdw MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2012
    Got it ! Thanks Loxxx and now I will research on how to properly flash the Sony. It looks like a DOS boot disk is needed due to the DOS USB that was included. My preliminary process is I am going to create the stick, copy the files in Rompaq to the root of the DOS USB stick, boot to the stick and then run phlash16.exe. I am unsure if any arguments are needed but I will research this more so I won't brick this VAIO.

5. omid_behniya

omid_behniya MDL Novice

Nov 9, 2013
    hi i have vaio Ar 770nc laptop, i need new phoenix bios. i have already bios R2090J8.rom

6. MinecraftAddict

MinecraftAddict MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2013
    Does this group work on InsydeH20 BIOSs?

7. Perscitus

Perscitus MDL Novice

Jan 26, 2014
    Hi guys, having a strange issue with an unmodified VGN-SZ120P (VGN-SZxxx Napa) BIOS.
    The laptop has the latest BIOS but for some reason I can't flash it anymore with:
    a. older BIOS
    b. same BIOS
    c. modified (AHCI/VTx) BIOS that worked fine on a second machine

I kept getting errors in both Windows and DOS using various tools.
    Looks like part of the header in the BIOS that's in the machine now is corrupt or has some values blanked out, preventing any tools (Phlash16, Pheonix BIOS editor, WinPhlash) from accepting a new WPH to flash.

Can someone have a look files with a hexeditor or any other tool and see if a WPH can be fixed?
    Any other solutions for this? Maybe the modified BIOS has to also be 'broken' for this particular machine to accept the flash?

I have a few R0112N0.WPH files I can post up somewhere.

R0112N0.WPH - original OEM BIOS update from SONY (extracted from PHBSYS-01041232-UN)
    R0112N0_MOD.WPH - modified BIOS that worked fine on the other machine (using WinPhlash)
    R0112N0.ROM - backup of working modified BIOS from the other machine
    R0112N0_EDIT.WPH - my HEXedited mix of the backup and original OEM BIOS (using instructions found here to try and make a WPH from the ROM file).

No matter what combination of flash software/enviornment and images I try, I get 'missing interface' and similar errors.
    The one that gives the most info is shown in the attached screenshot.