Reserve Win10 upgraded for unused Win7 licenses and non-uppgraded computers

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by windows.seven, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Wazoo

Wazoo MDL Addicted

Nov 5, 2013
    #21 Wazoo, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    Windows 7 does not require "validation" before gathering "genuine ticket".
    Laptop had Windows 10 HOME installed with OEM-DM key in bios and no SLIC table.
    Wanted to install and activate Windows 10 PRO just to see if it would work.
    Installed Windows 7 PRO after many failed attempts (Intel Skylake processor USB support).
    Activated Windows 7 PRO with Windows Loader as OEM (loader, certificate and serial installed).
    Unable to find either Wired or Wireless driver that would install to allow connecting to internet to validate Windows 7.
    Gathered "genuine ticket" from Windows 7.
    Installed Windows 10 PRO (while disconnected from internet), installed "genuine ticket" (not validated) and connected to internet.
    Windows 10 PRO activated with "digital entitlement".
    Conclusion is that once Windows 7 activated by Windows Loader, no validation is required before gathering "genuine ticket".

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. windows.seven

windows.seven MDL Member

Sep 14, 2011
    I don't understand. Yes, I have legit Win7 Pro keys. So can I upgrade using the Win10 ISO after June29? Can I directly use those keys on Win10 or I have to first install Win7, activate and then upgrade.

3. Gharlane00

Gharlane00 MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2009
    Currently they will be accepted after a clean install. It is unclear if that will still work after June 29, 2016. Waiting is a gamble.