Reset/Refresh/Restore Windows Feedback

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by satrianiboys, Apr 13, 2019.

1. satrianiboys

satrianiboys MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2014
    I just finished doing a windows reset on my system. It took around 30min with deleting all the data's and software's in C drive option (SSD).

With a low expectation that something will turn into mess, it surprisingly went well.
    Everything seems "clean", with all of my previous updates and drivers still intact. Any MS pre-installed software that i deleted previously is not back which is good.
    It might take a bit longer than a regular old windows installation, but if we add the time to install updates and drivers and a personal "Windows Tweaks", it definitely faster.

Now i wonder, what is your experience on this?
    Especially on Reset with deleting the whole drive, Refresh (data isn't removed), and Restore options.
    I remembered back in w7, Restore option really messed my system rather than fixing it. So i always turn off the restore option since it also took some space.

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    When you've selected to delete all data, the drivers should have been gone too and the new install should be clean.

1. ResetPC creates a VHD and re-installs the OS from it.
    2. Refresh/Fresh Start downloads the install files and re-installs the OS from it.
    3. I don't know what restore option you mean, if it's system restore, it only restores registry keys, not the whole OS.

3. satrianiboys

satrianiboys MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2014
    So it does differently between deleting all the data's in C: drive and the whole HDD? because in my case, the drivers still intact.
    and about refresh, so it need an internet connection to perform it? What would happen if you don't plug any connection like i do previously?
    And about restore, yes it's system restore

4. Krager

Krager MDL Senior Member

Jan 9, 2017
    So did it take 30 minutes to get the PC back to a state ready to use with apps installed, or is that just for the process to run. I haven't tried that function yet, still fairly new to win10, was on win7 until last year.

With an unattended installation and just about all my personalized settings scripted, I can go from a wiped hard drive to all my apps installed and ready to use in about an hour (installation for Windows itself is under five minutes). Cutting that to a half hour would be considerable.

5. satrianiboys

satrianiboys MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2014
    @Enthousiast
    I don't intended to debate what MS says nor debate anyone experience here.
    I create this thread as a discussions to see what others experienced and i provided mine.
    So as long as you just said what they said, not experiencing by yourself, i really don't want that kind of posts here, please.

@Krager
    30min with no apps installed since i opt for delete all data's and app's setting in drive C:
    i encourage you to try it and give your experience in this thread.

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    I did ran all the options when i posted that official and correct info, not an opinion but the facts.

ps, if was able to delete all posts I didn't like in all of my threads, they would be almost empty....;)

7. satrianiboys

satrianiboys MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2014
    Okay, whatever. Are we done? ;)

8. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    I don't know, you ask about how the options work, and i showed how the options work.

9. satrianiboys

satrianiboys MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2014
    I don't know either man, previously i just don't care with your posts since you seems like a "hardcore" debate dude, which i'm not looking forward to it in here.
    And then now, it seems like you don't understand either what i'm looking for.

I don't know how to explain it further.
    So yeah, either you've to read again my posts or we can just stop here and say "bye", Ok?

10. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #11 Enthousiast, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    Yes, i am a debate guy, but with facts and informing txt, and isn't so surprising on a discussion board.

I wish you the best of luck gathering only info you want to see.

ps, you do know this is an open forum, where all are allowed to reply on every thread?

11. satrianiboys

satrianiboys MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2014
    Yes, but do we allowed to ignore each other? I'm just trying politely to stop a conversation with you on this before ;)
    And thank you for the wish. Hope anyone else understand what i'm looking for with our conversation.

12. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    You can ignore me, but i will post whatever i want (ontopic of course), i still can't imagine what's wrong with posting this:
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/reset-refresh-restore-windows-feedback.79402/#post-1515617

You seemed to have problems with what is what, i just showed.

Again, good luck with this thread.

13. satrianiboys

satrianiboys MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2014
    If i replied again more to that, it will be a back and forth without result we both wanted since you don't understand my 3rd post hidden super deep plot twist words means for you(it's jokes, take it easy)
    And in my view, you are the one who seemed to have problems with understanding the words i typed. So yeah, we parted ways.

Thank you again.

14. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    This is not how to achieve what you want;)

Maybe you can sign up on facebook, then you will be fed with only what you want to see...

15. satrianiboys

satrianiboys MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2014
    Trust me, i'm a retired super advance pro trolling internet users ;)

16. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    That clearly shows... a real pro...

17. Krager

Krager MDL Senior Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Well, hitting the unwatch button on this one.

@satrianiboys; Enthousiast is very helpful to just about everyone and provides a lot of important content, He's deservedly gets a lot of respect around here. Don't be flippant with him.

18. satrianiboys

satrianiboys MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2014
    Okay
    Just moved on