Reset your Rearm count, run Windows 7 Forever without cracks

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tuvi123, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nrgz

nrgz MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2009
    Yeah you are right, if this thing wants to replace the loaders or other cracks then it must be automatic. So, its not best sol. to thoes seeking permanent alternative.

2. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    Deleting the registry key alone will reset the rearm count and there is no need to mess with the system files.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Couldn't this be done from a script also? The idea would be to simply add the script to the winPE disk and have only one command instead of people hashing their registry from the pe disk?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. nrgz

nrgz MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2009
    It will be great if it is possible through single script.

5. MasterDisaster

Aug 29, 2009
    #145 MasterDisaster, Feb 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    You can save it in the root directory as bat file
    Code:
    reg load HKLM\MY_SYSTEM "%~dp0Windows\System32\config\system"
    reg delete HKLM\MY_SYSTEM\WPA /f
    reg unload HKLM\MY_SYSTEM

6. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Cool, maybe this whole idea should be made as an offline automated process if possible. The instruction tend to confuse people and there seem to be some variables. PMR, will your can you make somehting that would work from the ERD or winPE?

7. Saduff

Saduff MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    I thought I would write a service, but I have now discarded the project since the manual steps (in the first post) didn't work on a VM running Win7 Pro. :huh:

It always ends up in "Notification mode" and /rearm gives the "0xC004FE00" error. Unless that registry key (WPA) can be somehow deleted in Windows, there's nothing I can do to automate this.

8. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    What language did u use?

9. Saduff

Saduff MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    #149 Saduff, Feb 23, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
    Borland Delphi 7. I was going to write the service later. Right now I have only finished the tool that will Reset the Rearm Count and that will install/uninstall the service. Of course it won't work if doing it manually following the steps in the first post doesn't work either.

10. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Any registry key can be deleted using a service coz nt services are executed as nt authority/system.

11. Saduff

Saduff MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    You sure? Maybe I should give it a try then. :)

12. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    I do not think it can be done... WPA registry key is in use by the operating system

Maybe if you kill the service locking it
    winlogon.exe ? But then again i think the system reboots if you kill winlogon.exe

13. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    i think it can be done tho. i saw how another program did it. :D:D

14. Saduff

Saduff MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    OK, I tried the service, but it was unable to delete the key. :(
    It did start as NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM, but it still couldn't delete the key.
    I even tried "reg delete HKLM\SYSTEM\WPA" from a SYSTEM cmd
    (started by my service), but it still said "Access is denied".
    That key must be locked by some Windows process/service.

What program?

15. MadSheep!

MadSheep! MDL Junior Member

Jul 12, 2009
    i believe it can be done if you patch something in memory!!!

16. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    another program... lol

it copies your system hive changes it then tells windows to use the hive it made then reboots your system...

17. MasterDisaster

Aug 29, 2009
    I highly doubt that it would be possible to unload the SYSTEM hive while Windows is running. :(

Another way to delete the key is to use the Windows Recovery Environment, this can be accessed by pressing F8 after POST and select Repair your Computer. Select your input language, Enter login details and Open Command Prompt.

18. MasterDisaster

Aug 29, 2009
    Napalum modifies winload.exe, such that on next boot at startup the program runs and deletes the registry key, this is where you get the black screen with Please Wait..and then reboots to normal. I'm still looking at the program.