Resize Memory card

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ozzyboy, Dec 29, 2009.

1. ozzyboy

ozzyboy MDL Member

May 18, 2009
    Hi,
    I have, a camera photo (Traveler 5Mpx), and this camera have not support for 4GB memory card. Maximum supported is 2GB.
    Also I have a 4GB memory card and I wonder if is any posibility to resize this card from 4GB to 2GB...

I have this ideea, to resize memory card, because not a long time ago, I had one memory card (SanDisk 2GB), and in any os (tsted in windows), it have 1GB. And after I used "panasonic formater", selecting "format size adjustment", the memory card have been repaired and new size was 2GB.

Thx for helping me and Happy Holidays ...

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Windows diskpart should allow you to create the size of partition that you want. But that does not mean it will necessary work, as the hardware is still the same, and might not be recognized by the camera no matter what size partition exists

sebus

3. squee666

squee666 MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2009
    most likely your camera takes SD cards knowing traveler
    so mainly no
    the 4gb card would be SDHC and 2gb card would be SD
    it wont support it.
    if it was any ther type of card that does higher than 2gb without changing sligtly then you camer would porbbaly sipport it even if it doesnt say

4. ozzyboy

ozzyboy MDL Member

May 18, 2009
    #4 ozzyboy, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
    (OP)
    Yeah... idea is that after resizing to be used on camera.
    And that card is realy SDHC class 4 :|

5. ozzyboy

ozzyboy MDL Member

May 18, 2009
    #5 ozzyboy, Dec 30, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
    (OP)
    OK ... I have to answer me too, eventually ...YES it is possible to resize the card.
    After several hours of trying, I managed to shrink the storage capacity of the card and be recognized as one of 2GB, even after any format under Windows (FAT, FAT32, NTFS), 2GB remains.

But all this work in vain: D ... it seems that photocamera don't knows SDHC memory card and not the capacity of memory was the problem... I introduced new fresh card (1.7 GB) and the camera have the same symptoms - not open at all.