Restoring W7 Ultimate from W7 Enterprise Image?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rockinmom, Feb 1, 2012.

1. rockinmom

rockinmom MDL Junior Member

Dec 7, 2011
    I'll try it right now. That's what I was thinking as well. Also doing some digging some people with the Nvidia 7150m GPU have had issues with it conflicting with the audio. GAHHHHHH I wish I knew more about this stuff!

If/when I find the cause of this I'm going to send a nice little email to the party(ies) responsible as well as post it on every forum I could imagine.

2. rockinmom

Dec 7, 2011
    Thanks for the bump hbhb. I'll check out the video now. Hopefully it's compatible with iPhone lol.

3. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    #64 hbhb, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
    anytime, I am optimistic this will do. Uninstalling the generic driver, and installing realtek and conexant manually maybe the key

gpedit.msc

4. rockinmom

Dec 7, 2011
    Well I tried the suggestions in the videos and still nothing. The problem with the first one is that I don't even have an "other devices" section or a "sound, video, and game controller".

I tried reinstalling the drivers but get "no device for this driver".

5. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    #66 hbhb, Feb 3, 2012
    so i presume you uninstalled the driver, changed policy to prevent win7 from installing generic driver, then installed realtek manually, correct? did u get the error that win couldnt install due to policy change? i assume so, just verifying

by installing manually , i mean u pointed to the diver location,then executing install

6. rockinmom

Dec 7, 2011
    You are partly correct. I uninstalled the driver, changed policy, restarted, reinstalled--- no device for this driver error.

by installing manually, you have to have something listed under "sound, video, and game controllers" so you can expand the menu and right click, choose update/install driver. I do not have that category at all in Device Manager so there's nothing to manually install the driver to. Something is preventing it from being detected.

SVG MISSING.jpg

7. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    u tried Scan for hardware change after what u did?

8. rockinmom

Dec 7, 2011
    yup yup. ok so I ran driverquery from cmd and noticed this. Going to research this more now.

driverquery.jpg

9. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    ACRSN is onto something:D as always

10. rockinmom

Dec 7, 2011
    I have the most recent F.34----- that was the very first thing I tried :weeping:

I am at the point where I'm in severe denial. It just seems too coincidental that SO MANY people would have their onboard audio fail immediately following a MS Update. I feel in my gut there has to be something more to this. I think my inner ADHD is coming out and forcing me to research until I finally tear the computer down lol

bios.jpg

11. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
  12. rockinmom

Dec 7, 2011
    I did hash verify (download was from digitalriver as well).

The sound stopped working after an update in Vista. Worked after clean install of W7 Enterprise (upgrade CD) but disappeared after the first round of updates plus I had a lot of other issues. Dl'd the digitalriver copy and installed. Still no sound. Did 1 more clean install already to test (before updates/drivers).

Not sure if that helps but those are the steps I've taken so far. The reason I'm so stuck on this is because the optical drive is also not working. At start up it powers on, spins, you can open and close it. As soon as Windows loads it stops working. It's just odd to me that so many people could have the exact same 2 issues after updates regardless of clean installs (which should wipe out everything). Unless MS sent something in their updates that killed our hardware... :mad:

13. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    yes, dig into it and see if some is enabled or not,just under that key.ummma check

14. rockinmom

Dec 7, 2011
    Well the optical failed literally 2 weeks out of laptop warranty immediately following an update in 2010 (update installed, restart required, came back up- nothing). The audio happened 1/21/2012.

Now I've tested the optical drive in another notebook and it functions perfectly. No issues at all. If it's hardware related it would be the motherboard then, correct (since optical drive functions elsewhere)? Wouldn't there be other issues

15. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    #77 hbhb, Feb 3, 2012
    yeah all possible at this point, i wont be surpised if it is just software
    had similar issue with wifi on a vaio, the thang is like 6-8 years old, thought it was dead, but it is still kicking...

CHECK DP for reg key, urs is missing couple lines

ACRSN, u tun 64 bits alos,right?
    i can export my reg key but i believe 32bits will be more appropriate

16. rockinmom

Dec 7, 2011
    I just looked. So it appears I'm missing the UpperFilters. Hmmmmmm now how do I get them? LOL

17. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    u can add those joints, or what we can try is u back up yours, that regkey in particular by exporting it, and i ll drop mine.if some gets jacked up, u can import it back easily

18. rockinmom

Dec 7, 2011