Resume scrutiny!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Humphrey, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    #1 Humphrey, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
    Anyone here in the HR department of their business or has had practice with writing successful résumés? I am updating mine which has been a year in the making and would like someone to look it over.

Below is a screen shot of my resume which has had some sensitive information removed.
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. revalea17

revalea17 MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2013
    thanks for share the post.

3. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Put the work history at the top and the education below that and fit skills into your work history specific to each job. And expand on what your wrote in work history, it's too light. An example of skills in work history:

Worked at MDL as a professional Windows and Office pirate
    Was responsible for finding activation methods for windows and Office which did not make them non genuine.
    - learnt how to put windows and office in perpetual trial state
    - learnt how to mod bios to add slic

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    #4 Humphrey, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
    (OP)
    No one else has anything to contribute?

Updated resume. Got rid of the skill section, most of what I had in there was already a part of the work history- I think. Also removed one of my lessor work listings.
    [​IMG]

5. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Updated bump..

6. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Think you should do job description in a paragraph and then put the skills as bullets, having everything in bullets makes it look weak.

7. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Will update and get back to the thread.