rollback from win 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by bobthejoiner, Aug 9, 2015.

1. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    On what windows 7 if so then you have slic marker in bios but not full slic

2. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Did you right click and run as admin.

But seeing the loader is working it would bring it up anyway.

3. bobthejoiner

bobthejoiner MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2015
    win 7 ultimate 64.slic marker.what is slic?or should I google it?

4. bobthejoiner

bobthejoiner MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2015
    just googled it.i had an oem licience so how do I have a slic marker in bois.if I read it right.thanks

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    loader would only install oem:slp key and certificate if he had Full Slic 2.1 in bios it cannot actually install the loader on unsupported partition
    i,e, gpt partition.

6. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    I never asked about the drive being MBR or GPT.

I have always thought that if the loader was run the SLIC Tool Kit would give a false reading.

It did sound to me as the loader was doing it's job. This would mean the drive was MBR ?

You see bobthejoiner these guys know what they are talking about. I just wing it along and hope for the best..;)

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  8. bobthejoiner

bobthejoiner MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2015
    sorry cant post pics or links just yet need another 8 posts to do so.
    xsdt,rsdt,pub key and marker say asus note book
    slic status green validated.
    green cert ok
    status dumo ok! (-asus-notebook-v2.1)

9. bobthejoiner

bobthejoiner MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2015
    also in slp1.0 valid slp oem string offsets.it say no oem string found?

10. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    That is for Windows XP..

No need to worry about that.

For me I would like to see the result of the SLIC Tool Kit ran in a totally fresh install. With NO loader ran.. But that's just me..

11. bobthejoiner

bobthejoiner MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2015
    yeah I take it the loader can muck with the slic tool kit results?if I have a retail motherboard how come I have a oem key.i realise it might be one of 2 keys I have one for evaluation and one for activation but why oem on a retail board?thanks im such a newbie pls forgive..

12. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    I have only bought of the shelf motherboards.
    Like the one I am using right now.
    Asus Sabertooth Z77. not the newest of boards but has served me well since new.

When I first got it I had already flashed many a board with a modded BIOS.
    The BIOS now holds SLP and SLIC2.1.

SLP is for Win XP. We wont worry about XP ANY MORE

I have in My Asus board Asus SLIC2.1. I marry that to an Asus CERT and KEY and for all tense and purpose my board is exactly the same a shop bought Asus machine.

I make an OEM install image so when Win 7 installs it is a legit as any official Asus machine.

What my understanding is of Daz's loader this emulates the SLIC2.1 in the BIOS some how. When there is no SLIC2.1 in the BIOS. How it does this I have never bothered to find out.

I would put money on that is how your machine was activated when you got it. Without you knowing.

13. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Same here but whole point is loader will not install on unsupported partition i,e, gpt partition. or sometimes manufacturer recovery partitions can effect loader and bob you can try posting links for the moment like example h t tp://i60.tinypic .com/neet74.png we can remove spaces to get to your link. i'm still confused slic is validated so you are saying.

14. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ tnx if his machine was activated with loader originally when windows 10 installed it would have overwritten mbr so loader would have been lost when rolling back to windows 7. whole point is we are lacking info perhaps an MGADiag report is needed.

15. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Right. I never knew that bit. Of course...

I understand folk updating their machines from Win 7/8 but I really do think this should be done on a different HDD\SDD to their main OS.
    Get a spare HDD, install in this case Win 7, use the loader if you have to. Do the Win 10 upgrade. M.Soft then have your hardware ID on their servers.
    Then do a fresh install of Win 10 on this spare HDD. Check if it does activate.
    Use it for a bit, test your fav, most used software.
    Then if you find out you dont like it just plug in the original HDD.
    No messed up system, files or owt else.

In this scenario I personally would not be happy to have updated to Win 10 then back dating to Win 7.
    I would feel the need, a desperate need to do a fresh install of Win 7 and get back to normal.
    Again, using the loader if needed.

I most definatly would have backed up all my important files before starting owt.

We can definatly help the OP to find a good clean Win 7 image. Well any OS image actually here on the forums.

16. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I just made an acronis image of my system partition before I updated, but before that I had been testing on vmware.

17. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Yep

Personally. I don't like those image making apps. Not saying they are bad or owt. Just not for me.

As for VM, never used owt like that.

The OP could try both.

18. bobthejoiner

bobthejoiner MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2015
    my link to pic h t t p ://tinypc.com/m/iznhao/2

19. bobthejoiner

bobthejoiner MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2015
    when I try your link its not correct in url bar it has an f at the end even though it says on forum.if I copy and paste mine into bar it gets me there?