rollback from win 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by bobthejoiner, Aug 9, 2015.

1. bobthejoiner

bobthejoiner MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2015
    it says tinypic.com/?f in my bar when i click on your link??only 3 more posts to go I can paste it myself.thanks..

2. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Only 3 more...

remind me, what board do you have please.

3. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Nice...

I would rather install a fresh copy and install all my fav apps...

4. bobthejoiner

bobthejoiner MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2015
    I have a asus maximus iv gene-gen 3.been a nice board does everything I need it too.are you sabretooth.

5. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Yes I'm on Sabertooth Z77

Can I ask what CPU are you running ?

6. bobthejoiner

bobthejoiner MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2015
    I myself have never tried an image app.you have to have the same app to open image again would I be correct?

7. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    so can we post pics yet bobthejoiner ?

8. bobthejoiner

bobthejoiner MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2015
    im running i5 2500k slight oc.albeit automatic oc.running at4.36 I think stable and cool.

9. bobthejoiner

bobthejoiner MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2015
  10. bobthejoiner

bobthejoiner MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2015
    are you thinking if I did a fresh install on another hdd it would activate itself as genuine or have I got that wrong?

11. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    What my thinking is and I hope I have got things right, from here and from what was said on the other forum..

You got a machine, home made which had Win 7 already on and activated.

you upgraded to Win 10

You did not like Win 10

You down graded back to Win 7

But your activation had gone

Win 10 did that.

You ran the loader and all was well.

To me this says the original Win was only activated by Daz's loader or maybe even summet else. ( I know nowt of that summet else )

If you did a fresh install of win 7 we would know the loader was NOT run.
    Running the SLIC Tool Kit would show us if there is in fact a SLIC table in your BIOS.
    If there was that would be great.
    Running Daz's loader would then just install the corresponding CERT and KEY and you would be fully activated.
    If there was no SLIC table that is not so bad.
    Running Daz's loader would emulate the SLIC table install a CERT and KEY and voila.

Putting the SLIC table into the BIOS requires a BIOS Flash with a pre modded BIOS.
    There is always a risk.
    But you Asus board may have the EASY FLASH BACK support. I will check.
    Basically a fail safe.

But then if there is a SLIC table making your own OEM image is easy enough to learn how to do.
    Would gladly help out there.

Doing a fresh test install would tell us all so much.

A bit of work yes but well worth all the effort. Fun too.

12. bobthejoiner

bobthejoiner MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2015
    yes right board.it has ez flash 2 utility in tools in bios.i will try and hunt out hdd.I have old pc in loft I think with hdd.I take it you have a pre modded bio for me.i have never flashed bios before.so would need instructions.would have to be on sun my only day off.i have 3 kids too busy busy..

13. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Well EZFlash was my mistake . That is NOT what they call the "fail safe" I is actuall called "BIOS Flashback" There is a special button on the rear panel and a specific USB slot.
    With the right BIOS file named correctly on a USB formatted properly The BIOS FlashBack lets you flash the bIOS without entering the BIOS. Just needs a power supply. A fail safe for messing about with the BIOS.

Any way..

as you say you have never flashed a BIOS I wont encourage you to start now. One wrong move and you PC is good as a paper weight.

Having said that I just modded a BIOS for your board...;)

Yep dig out a HDD... Don't forget it will have to be SATA... IDE HDD = BIN

14. bobthejoiner

bobthejoiner MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2015
    I was thinking we are doing this to find out if I have a slic table present on my board.before I upgraded to win 10 then downgraded back to 7 which in theory stopped the loader.could I not do this again to get rid of loader.not that im against what you propose.i will be reading up on bio flashing this week.no special button on panel or usb just rog connect usb.why does the loader not have an uninstall function?thanks bob..

15. bobthejoiner

bobthejoiner MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2015
    yeah curiosity its a wonderful thing without it I wonder if we would know anything.i have ssd with os and hdd for files also external for backup.my old pc has sata hdd.I will read up.i might just flash board to recent bios ive heard that manually is better than automatic anyway(safer).if I do procedure properly is there still a chance to brick a kind of chance thing?have you bricked a board?i have flashed other things just not my pc.thanks bob..