RT7lite 2.6.0

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kayleros, Jun 22, 2011.

1. kayleros

kayleros Guest

Hi

Just a quick question - I used rt7lite for creating a new image out of the msdn w7 sp1 u latest image. The problem was that I did it in two steps, because I only checked 'Integration' from the rt7lite tasks. Then did the integration of SoLoR hotfixes and then had to exit rt7lite.

Then started the program again, gave the same work folder and did the remaining tasks i.e. remove items, tweaks etc.

My question is, did it actually kept the integration of the updates I did (since I exited rt7lite). Or do I have to do again, all in one goal (i.e. by selecting all tasks) so I won't be forced to exit the tool?

This is the info when I first loaded the iso:

OS Name:Windows 7 ULTIMATE
    OS Description:Windows 7 ULTIMATE
    Architecture:32-bit
    OS Size:2.09 GB
    Language:English (United States)
    Version:6.1.7601.17514
    Service Pack:1

and this is after I finised with everything:

OS Name:Windows 7 ULTIMATE
    OS Description:Windows 7 ULTIMATE
    Architecture:32-bit
    OS Size:2.33 GB
    Language:English (United States)
    Version:6.1.7601.21651
    Service Pack:1

Does the build number 17514 to 21651 verifies that the hotfixes are indeed included?

Is there any way for me to double check by verifying on the DVD I just burned that a given hotfix is included?

2. akf

akf MDL Senior Member

Aug 17, 2010
  3. kayleros

kayleros Guest

Will the post-SP1 updates/hotfixes still show up there - even though they integrated properly? I thought that "view installed updates" shows only those installed after the actual installation of windows :confused:

4. akf

akf MDL Senior Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Yes, they do display all updates integrated via RT 7 Lite and even Service Pack 1. It does not matter when you install the updates. As long as they are well installed, they will be shown in "View Installed Updates".

If you use the Windows 7 SP1 (MSDN) image, it is advisable to use RT 7 Lite 1.7.0 RC instead. You only have to use RT 7 Lite 2.6.0 Beta if you integrate SP1 and it is not applicable in this case. The 1.7.0 RC is far more stable than 2.6.0 Beta.

5. kayleros

kayleros Guest

I ve used 2.6.0 already. I was just about moving to the installation now and I ve already backed up all files :(

The 2.6.0 log showed no errors, nor did it pop up any sort of error message. So I can only hope the image I made is OK o_O

6. akf

akf MDL Senior Member

Aug 17, 2010
    No problem, kayleros. :) It is much preferable to use 1.7.0 RC, although the 2.6.0 Beta is good enough to be used. Good luck with your installation! As long as it has been tested and boot up fine in Virtualbox, the image is good enough to be used and stable.

7. mackrack5

mackrack5 MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2010
    Did anyone noticed some services screwed up in RT 7,Like software protection and bluetooth support,so i always check my image in MS V pc before burning image.
    I also do all things in one process though it takes time but then you are confident on your IMAGE :D