Rtm ultimate x86 updates?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by finchtosh, Apr 14, 2010.

1. finchtosh

finchtosh MDL Novice

Apr 12, 2010
    HI TO ALL...:confused:
    IM USING 7ULTIMATE RTM UNTOUCHED X86 AND ACTIVATED BY DAZ LOADER.IM USING IT NOW WITH OUT ANY ISSUES..I JUST WONDER IF ALL OF THE UPDATES FROM MS ARE REALLY NEEDED AND CANT DO ANY HARM TO MY SYSTEM..I SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED THE OTHER UPDATES BUT I CONFUSED TO THIS 3 UPDATES SO I LEAVE IT FOR A WHILE...DOES ANYONE CAN GUIDE ME PLEASE??HERE ARE THE 3 UPDATES:

Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB954430)

Download size: 5.4 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified in Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Once you have installed this item, it cannot be removed.

Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB973688)

Download size: 5.4 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update for Windows 7 (KB971033)

Download size: 1.2 MB

This update to Windows Activation Technologies detects activation exploits and tampering to key Windows system files. These exploits try to bypass regular Windows activation and are sometimes included within counterfeit copies of Windows.

THABKS IN ADVANCE...:(

2. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I answered this via PM but I will say it here too.

As long as you are using a later version of my loader and don't use the Lenovo serial or an Intel motherboard all of the updates can be installed. If however you are using an Intel motherboard then I would suggest that you don't install the WAT update (KB971033) as Intel hardware seems to have the most problems.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. finchtosh

finchtosh MDL Novice

Apr 12, 2010
    thnak you so much..

4. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    #4 Stannieman, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
    The first 2 are ok to install. The 3th one is WAT, it's not needed or required for anything and I don't reccomand you to install, however if you used a loader or biosmod and you're not using the blacklisted lenovo key then it won't harm (yet). I'm not shure whether chew wga still works after wat is installed, but the latest versions of removewat can bypass it, although you may have to reinstall removewat after the wat installation.

And would it be possible to keep your fingers off your shift-button please? It takes about 4 times longer to read the sentence which causes a lot of people to just not read it.
    On forums caps = shouting and there's no need to shout this.

EDIT: dammit, to late :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...