RTM x64 Right Click Explorer Crash?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by twss, Sep 5, 2009.

1. waliagan

waliagan MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2009
    #61 waliagan, Sep 14, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
    the problem is firefox who is in 32bits.
    Firefox works but it is not compatible with windows7 64bits and vista 64bits (bug).
    uninstall Firefox and the problem is solved. Never Right Click Explorer Crash.
    Waiting for firefox 3.6 in 64bits.

Thank's.

2. twss

twss MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2009
    A fresh install, and disabling KIS10 and WinRAR context menus seems to have solved it all for me, I still have K-Lite Codec Pack Full and its been a week since the fresh install and still no problems at all

3. Porkrinds

Porkrinds MDL Novice

May 15, 2008
    Removing CCCP codec pack did not work. Windows Explorer crashed last night about 6 times in a row and then stopped. Fresh install is next.

4. waliagan

waliagan MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2009
    the problem is firefox who is in 32bits.
    Firefox works but it is not compatible with windows7 64bits and vista 64bits (bug).
    uninstall Firefox and the problem is solved. Never Right Click Explorer Crash.
    Waiting for firefox 3.6 in 64bits.

Thank's.

5. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    You really have to post twice with the SAME thing? No problems here with Firefox at all. And i am on Win 7 x64, no crashing, no bugs, no problems.

6. Servi

Servi MDL Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Bulls**t! Works here without any problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    Complete and utter BS that firefox 32 bits doesn't work. It works flawlessly. I have not had one crash since using Windows 7, and thats playing games, encoding videos, watching stuff, recording tv, and yes, right clicking in explorer. The problem I think is purely got to do with the other crap you have on the system. I don't know how many times people have to say this, but codec packs are BAD FULL STOP. Use Ffdshow (it is NOT a codec pack), ac3filter (if you need it or want to use the great equaliser and surround settings in it) - you may need to add it manually to the mpc-hc filter list, haali media splitter, quicktime alt lite, real alt lite, and you're basically set. That will cover just about every format out there and you won't have issues.

The issues arise due to the directshow etc filters clashing with explorer, since it ties in with explorer for picture icons and info etc. Since win 7 has these features built in and supports most common formats, they are useless.

Ever heard of the KISS principle:
    Keep It Simple Stupid!

Needless complexity just leads to more things that can potentially go wrong, and that goes for any other software etc. Should also point out that even if codec packs have the filters you like, they are probably outdated versions!

8. waliagan

waliagan MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2009
  9. joo nam

joo nam MDL Junior Member

Jul 13, 2007
    +1
    firefox is working fine over here
    there is known problem with older version of winrar, which i think M$ already fixed/patched it. there is an update for compatibility.

10. WarTaz

WarTaz MDL Novice

Dec 3, 2008
    The crash is caused by Firefox as some have already stated...but only when running in private mode.Took me a while to figure it out myself.

11. waliagan

waliagan MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2009
    #73 waliagan, Oct 13, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
    +10

Very good.

My PC is working at 300% and 24/24 without firefox ===No Problemo.
    If i install Windows 7 64bits without nothing + firefox 3.5.3====Problem.

problem "x64 Right click Explorer Crash is caused by Firefox" (in my case)

Some have noticed this Problem with vista 64bit

i' m waiting for firefox > 3.5.3

12. Servi

Servi MDL Member

Aug 12, 2009
    #74 Servi, Oct 13, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
    OK, let's rock:

FF 3.5.3 in privacy mode, winrar 3.90 x64 is installed, right klicking in explorer like an idiot... absolutely no crash! To be honest, this f.... system doesn't crash at all! Only issue was Ati Radeon Xpress driver, fixed with updating to Catalyst 9.8 legacy.

And no unofficial updates installed...;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. beppe_7

beppe_7 MDL Junior Member

Feb 20, 2008
    guys should have listened in the first place ;) its a hit and miss 95% of the time it effects people. i no longer use firefox

14. WarTaz

WarTaz MDL Novice

Dec 3, 2008
    It doesn't happen right away,it takes a little while.Surf in-private mode for an hour or two.Some websites trigger it sooner then other's.But there is no doubt about it,its firefox.If you use firefox without every going into private mode there is no problems.

15. waliagan

waliagan MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2009
    the problem is solved with the update :

KB974431
    KB974332

thank's

16. indigenica

indigenica MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2008
    for mi the problem is with winrar 3.90 x64 context menu... i have disabled winrar context menu with shellexview and no more explorer.exe crash, i have firefox 3.5.3 installed and no problem

17. cfrank33

cfrank33 MDL Junior Member

Feb 12, 2008
    explorer crashes only with iso files

Hy my explorer only crashes when i click on a file with extension .iso.

All is working with other files only with .so files its crashing

Win7 x64 ultimate
    Firefox