Samsung Galaxy S III-to be announced on 3rd of May

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by half Man Half Biscuit, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Nawzil

Nawzil MDL Guru

Jun 18, 2011
    I agree with you 100%
    That is the same reason why I hate Android. iOS is very easy to use than Android.

2. Precisely one of the reasons iOS is amazing.

3. half Man Half Biscuit

half Man Half Biscuit MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2011
    I really don´t know what´s so hard on ANDROID to understand?
    For me it´s very customizable,easy to use and mod.
    Has many custom themes (I´m on DarkyROM v10.4.2 currently :hug2:),clean and simple.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Nawzil

Nawzil MDL Guru

Jun 18, 2011
    Yes, and I think Windows Phone is much better than iOS.

We are not saying Android is hard to understand. We are saying iOS is more easier to use that Android.

5. Yeah Windows OS is even more simpler to use! All we are saying is that Android should be more simpler to use. It doesn't need all those stupid menus.... it should be point and touch - load app. It's as simple as that. :)

6. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Android is good if you keep it simple. If you get into rooting it, you make it complicated. Really a phone with android just needs free apps. Its still just a phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Really ?

As with many things , so long as you follow the necessary steps and instructions "rooting" is quite simple. 9 out of 10 members here would not struggle to do it. Just a phone..... i beg to differ. In principle as with any mobile, of course its a phone but these days they are not one trick ponies are they ?

8. Yeah, i rooted my samsung galaxy ace with a simple youtube tutorial. quite easy in fact. I have to admit though, android is quite the bad OS when it comes from a network e.g Vodafone, they fill it with bloatware that you can't delete! then little kids go on them and charge you. Google should really somehow stop that - i dont want to have to root my device just for bloatware that shouldnt be there in the first place to go.

9. half Man Half Biscuit

Jun 1, 2011
    100% right

Rooting/installing custom themes is very very simple on Android
    As alex said,if you follow the 3 steps of installing

1. STOCK ROM
    2. CF-ROOT KERNEL OR ANY KERNEL YOU LIKE
    3. FLASH YOUR DESIRED CUSTOM THEME (WATCH FOR THE FIRMWARE)

That´s about it,sh#$ can always happen,but with the three steps it should 99,9% go all well.
    I have changed many many themes in the past few weeks and never had any problems because i follow the WISE 3 :innocent:

BTW if you get into BOOTLOOP or BRICK :(,go to the store you brought your phone and play dumb :)

YOU : My phone is broke :rolleyes:
    SELLER : Why that kid,what happened?
    YOU : Sir it´s very simple,you sold me some serious poop (If it´s in your character start a bit crying,show a few tears really helps)
    SELLER : That´s impossible kid,that´s a brand new phone
    YOU : That´s a brand new sh#$ you sold me Mr. and slap with your hand against the table
    SELLER : (Thinks your crazy and you´ll scare all the other customers) Kid calm down,it´s just a phone
    YOU : Yeah it´s just a 600$ phone not much more and i WILL not calm down SIR (SAY SIR IT´S VERY IMPORTANT) (Again show a few tears to soften the SELLER heart,that is if he has one (you got nothing to lose here))
    SELLER : (If your lucky he´ll think the kid is prepared for the worst,better i give him a new phone or he will shot me down)(Your not intending to do that of course,but he has to think that ;)) Ok kid i see it was my mistake,you´ll get a BRAND new phone
    YOU : Mmmmm are you sure that´s not going to happen again SIR? (AGAIN SIR VERY IMPORTANT) (Play hard to get satisfied :))Ok i see i can TRUST YOU (You of course don´t think that)Thanks for your understanding SIR

PM me for any further questions don´t hesitate.i´m here to help you :)

10. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    :eek:Kinda silly to say iOS and Windows Phone OS are simpler than Android so they are better. iOS and Windows Phone OS are proprietary and locked down so of course they are simpler since you can't do anything else with it other than what they want you to do with it. Android is open source and can be customized any way you want it. Sure your phone maybe bloated when you get it from a carrier but you can mod it with Android. When you pay more for an Apple product you are paying for the brand name and the assumption that you have an elitist product. But look closely at what you get and the sticker price and with some commonsense you will see otherwise.

11. agreed. simpler can in some cases be better though. Depends on your taste.

12. bastero

bastero MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2009
    Just use the os that suits your need and match your preferences. To me, android is more functional :)

13. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    #33 R29k, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
    :eek:I got to try this out on the weekend and it blows away every MP3 player I ever heard. I'm saying bye to my Zune and ordering a Samsung Galaxy S and Sandisk 32 GB MicroSD on the weekend. :mauridia:

14. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Well my 320 Kbps MP3s sound a lot better on the phone than anything else. I don't use lossless anything I can't really tell the difference between that and a 320 kbps MP3 and the file size is a lot bigger for the lossless files so no point.
    I have some Logitech Z5500 speakers and a Creative XFi Titanium PCIe Audio card and the phone output rivals that so it's well worth it.
    Time to say bye to HTC Hero :weeping: I love that phone :eek:

15. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
  16. woah if its that amazing why take it out of the SGS II? I mean, it is regarded by many as the best smartphone out there

17. half Man Half Biscuit

Jun 1, 2011
    See R29K we told you,i didn´t believe it too :( :eek:
    But Yen was right the sound is just awesome,you can´t compare any other phone sound with the SGS sound :worthy:

R29K come to the bright side of sound,your ears are still on the dark side :eek:

:rip: HTC .... :mauridia: SGS

18. i guess its better than my budget Samsung Galaxy Ace then.... :biggrin:

19. half Man Half Biscuit

Jun 1, 2011
    My friend has the Samsung Galaxy Ace and you can´t compare it with SGS :biggrin:
    But SGA is a nice phone,looks nice and runs smooth :)