Samsung NP355E5C-A01AU laptop wont boot from recovery partition

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by seanay00, Sep 9, 2013.

1. seanay00

seanay00 MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2013
    Hi there,
    Im kind of in trouble with this one. I swapped out a HDD in a samsung NP355E5C-A01AU laptop which i cloned all the recovery partitions from the original to the new HDD. Its a windows 8 partition and everything seems to be there but the laptop wont boot from it at all, it just goes into bios. I did get it to try and read from the recovery partition but get a "MBR error 1" when it tries to boot from it. I used aronis disk director 11 to do the cloning if that helps. Also the original HDD was a GPT partition and thats wat i have formatted the drive as. Ive done some reading and acronis can be a bit of a pain when cloning recovery partitions and it will give u this MBR error. Not sure exactly how to fix it but want to learn for future reference.

2. eydee

eydee Guest

If you still have the old HDD intact, start over and use some decent software this time. Like GParted. Fire it up, make a new partition table (GPT) on the new HDD, then copy the partition(s). Then try booting it.

3. eviebruce

eviebruce MDL Novice

Nov 20, 2013
    It sounds like you may have changed the Boot Priority in BIOS to have the DVD drive on top. If you have a disc in the drive, maybe the system is stuck trying to boot that.

I would boot into BIOS settings (F2) and change the Boot Priority so that your hard drive is first on the list. Also while in there, eject the DVD in the drive (if there is one). On my model it's Fn-Delete to eject, but it may be different on yours.

Hopefully that will allow the system to boot.