Sata Controller Driver missing form Wndows 8 for Acer Aspire 5920g

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by NikosGr, Jan 1, 2013.

1. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes the drive wasn't showing up within Win8 Setup attempts from scratch, but IT DID show up after initiating and completing the Win8 OS installation process via Vista's Safe mode with CMD, which in their turn it didn't boot the computer successfully and provided the BCD invalid or missing error.

In the next boot from Win8 Setup from scratch this time HDD info was provided.......

But that's a mystery as to how since the hdd sata controller driver wasnt present and bios didnt got updated, so that leaved the question "From where the hell did it found information to identify the HDD".
    Certainly NOT from the HDD itself since to read soemthign from the HDD you must prior detect the Media(HDD) which you need to access the information from.

I'am about to snap any moment now.....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012

You mean Boot with GParted and create [350MB System Reserve for Win8 BCD][OS partition][Data partition]

save that partition table and then Boot from Win8 USB Setup and then what.?!?1

What makes you think it will display the HDD partitionign table correctly?

4. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    If you want to have the 350 MB System Reserved partition in addition to the Windows 8 C: partition on a HDD or SSD after installation, then you would need to make sure that all partitions on the drive have been deleted until it is only unallocated space. Next, select the unallocated drive to install Windows 8 on. If there are no partitions on the disk, you will get the 350 MB System Reserved.

If you do not want to have the 350 MB System Reserved partition and only the Windows 8 C: partition on a HDD or SSD after installation, then select a formatted partition or drive to install Windows 8 on. If there are any partitions on the disk, you won't get the 350 MB System Reserved.

In my cleint's 5920g laptop when i booted form Vista Setup i deleted all available partiton except the [Files partition] and then hit enter on unallocated space above.

Acording to the info i provided above, since i left over a partition, thats why Windows 8 didn't notify me that it must create system reserved.

Then, files copied ok, but no system rserver partion created, menaing no BCD records thus failed to boot.

Do you agree?

5. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    post count going up ? why ??

6. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Who's spamming what? Ghoost? What do you mean? What stolen boot loader?

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Yes Ghoost spammed forum to get post count up to post links to hex_edited Daz loader.

8. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Actually the loader was fine. It was the installer he'd made with a 20+ MB trojan called "FIREFOX.EXE" which gets added to startup that was the problem ;)

9. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    He is a member here and uses MDL to infect people by altering(hex editing) Daz's virus-free loader? Is that what you mean?

get post count up = ? (sorry i dont understand this phrase)

10. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    wow u are so clueless

dont bother asking more of this subject.. i wont reply.

your post count is (times u write on forum)

11. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    I know that a psot count is the number of a perosn posts in total.

its the prhare "get post count" which i dont understand.

12. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    looking for a big hearted mod to close that useless something :cool:

13. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Why Ghoost needed to get a bigger total of posts? I dont understand.
    How would that help spread his virus?

14. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    is it the OUZO or the wine?

15. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012

I very occasionally drink :)

16. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    perhaps you should ... lol
    (this was a joke !) :D

17. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    And a darn good one! :)