Satellite L775D-S7135 Bad Flash

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by DoDaDeW, Nov 17, 2012.

Tags:
  1. DoDaDeW

DoDaDeW MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2012
    Well, I finally did it. I gave my buddy hell for shutting off during a flash years ago, but its time for my first (and last I hope) bad flash. Heres whats up and I am looking for any info you can give me. I have been searching for a solution since 5am...literally.

I was getting ready to dive back into bios modding...its been awhile so I decided a simple dump, compare (just in case) and reflash would be good. Well the windows utility from Toshiba (winflash) said nope, its the same version...im not letting you flash that stupid. So on to bootable usb I go. (Shoulda known better and put the brakes on here)

Lets start out here...Laptop is a L775D-S7135. When I went into bios before flash banner says AMI, Its a winbond 25Q16CVSIG 2mb chip.
    20121116_182713.jpg

I backed up my bios with AFU (afudos mybios.rom /O) and Universal Bios Backup. Compared to eachother...Exact match. I did this as Toshiba does not have a bios listed for this as it is the most current one.

So I run AFU to flash, not paying attention to what I was doing...(afudos mybios.rom /P /B /N) and poof, it erases the boot block and crashes. CRAP. Run it again and crashes right away. Change the flags trying to get it back and shazam there it erases the bios and says write protect and stops. (I am plugged in and on battery) . Well I know better than reboot now and I keep trying but its getting nowhere. Pull the usb stick out and put some more utilities on it and now I am really up a creek...it does not notice I changed the files on USB and now I cant use anything. So here we go to the powerdown. Hit power and low and behold the not-so-beautiful black screen.

I have tried various tricks with putting files on USB and booting with various keystrokes but the USB does not even flash. Burnt about 10 CDs with different bios files and names on them and nothing.

So what do you think. Sorry I am so long winded but figured detail is best. I have extensive soldering skills and have no problem pulling the chip and building or buying a programmer to fix it, but I would like to avoid that. Maybe find a supplier of the chip so I can program it and simply swap it. Any final advice before out comes the desoldering braid?

Thanks for all the info I have read so far!

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  3. DoDaDeW

DoDaDeW MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2012
    That's what I was going to do but I'm impatient. I can only find them outside the US. I will do some more searching for one in the US and then probably break down and order it.
    Thanks for the input

4. DoDaDeW

DoDaDeW MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2012
    And if I actually clicked the link I would see it's in cali. Thanks again.