"Save As" Dialog Box - Is it Possible to Change the Default View?

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by starrbaby, Nov 29, 2009.

1. starrbaby

starrbaby MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2009
    Hi Everyone,

Here is a question that plagues me from time to time.. and after I submit this post, I shall go to Bed cause its terribly late!!

Is there ANY WAY to change the default view of the “Save As” Dialog Box so that I can see ALL the other documents within that particular Folder before I save my document?

FOR EXAMPLE:

I use Word and Notepad frequently..

--When I’m ready to save a document in Notepad, I typically click on “Save As”.

--I am then shown all the other “.txt” documents within the folder I am about to save in…

HOWEVER...

--If, AFTER clicking on "Save As", I then click on “File of Type”, then choose “All Files”..

--I then see "ALL" the other Documents within the folder I am about to save in…

I would prefer THAT option immediately upon entering the "Save As" Dialog Box!! Is that possible? In other words, is there a way to change the default view so that the "Save As" Dialog Box immediately shows the “All Files” option first??

I understand the importance of saving documents with their proper extension, but because the document title I choose to save with is very relevant to the other documents already saved within this particular Folder, it drives me NUTS that I cannot "initially" see ALL the other documents presently saved within the Folder, BEFORE I "hopefully remember" to click on the "All Files" option...

Makes sense, I hope!!! :confused: ...Would really appreciate anyone's thoughts or suggestions..

In case it is relevant, I currently use Microsoft Office Word 2003 and Notepad Version 5.1

THANKS AGAIN!!

xo
    Starrbaby

Attached Files: