Say NO to windows 10 because of this ...

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by bulldog147, Aug 1, 2015.

1. bulldog147

bulldog147 MDL Member

Aug 5, 2009
  2. Meneer

Meneer MDL Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Come on...
    Most of these settings can be disabled anyway.

3. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
    #3 nexus76, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    can someone explain why in the world explorer.exe is permanently connected to microsoft servers and msn bot on port 80 and port 443? check it out for yourself using tcpview from sysinternals.

just gag it:

Code:
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Windows Explorer" dir=in action=block protocol=TCP remoteport=443 program="C:\Windows\explorer.exe" enable=yes
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Windows Explorer" dir=out action=block protocol=TCP remoteport=443 program="C:\Windows\explorer.exe" enable=yes
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Windows Explorer" dir=in action=block protocol=TCP remoteport=80 program="C:\Windows\explorer.exe" enable=yes
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Windows Explorer" dir=out action=block protocol=TCP remoteport=80 program="C:\Windows\explorer.exe" enable=yes

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Windows Explorer" dir=in action=block protocol=UDP remoteport=443 program="C:\Windows\explorer.exe" enable=yes
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Windows Explorer" dir=out action=block protocol=UDP remoteport=443 program="C:\Windows\explorer.exe" enable=yes
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Windows Explorer" dir=in action=block protocol=UDP remoteport=80 program="C:\Windows\explorer.exe" enable=yes
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Windows Explorer" dir=out action=block protocol=UDP remoteport=80 program="C:\Windows\explorer.exe" enable=yes

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Meneer

Meneer MDL Member

Apr 2, 2014
    #4 Meneer, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  5. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Meneer

Meneer MDL Member

Apr 2, 2014
    That is one empty list in TCPView...
    Do you mind sharing what the heck you did to achieve that?
    I ran your netsh commands to block explorer.exe traffic, seems to work great!
    Are you still even able to run Windows Update?

7. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
    #7 nexus76, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  8. wasd123

wasd123 MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2015
    Interesting, I'll wait for that guide

9. Studio384

Studio384 MDL Member

Jan 5, 2015
  10. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
    #10 nexus76, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2015
    no need to uninstall it but that's

IMG removed.

a pretty good idea :D

11. maya77

maya77 MDL Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Say no to life because it's risky too?

Who gives a s**t for all those piracy paranoia?

First time you connected to internet you give 'them' permissions to know everything about you. It's too late now to think about this s**t.

12. Meneer

Meneer MDL Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Just some thoughts and opinions:
    I think we also must accept at some point that all companies want to have as much information as possible.
    Most companies will also say that they anonymize your data, I have nothing important to hide, people may know everything about me if they want. :rolleyes:
    I can understand that some people freak out all the spying these days. But I really don't care a lot. Companies like Google and Microsoft may know everything about me, since they make my life easier, the more information they have about me, the more personalized information I get from them.

Facebook is the one company I hate because of privacy, I can't wait until it gets blocked in the European Union, honestly. Facebook has probably the worst privacy policy in the whole world, they even track people without an account.

I must admit, if I can lower the amount of data I give companies, I will, except for Google, as long as it would not take me 1 day to bypass all the spying.

On the internet itself, I want to say more anonymous than just using my real name everywhere.
    That is also the reason why my name is "Meneer" here.
    As long all the information about me says inside a company, I don't really care.

13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    The fact is, the US Government is spying on Country, Organization, Company andPeople! That also applies to that the US Government is spying on their own US Organisations, Companies and People too! Microsoft isn't standing outside of that and even would not be able to avoid such infiltration from their Government site! The US American Federal Law is very desperate even for their own People!

A very big mouth is what the (special official) Americans have, even the reality proves that's not the truth! Just as an example ask yourself the question: "How many War's US-American ever had won, special after the 2. World War?"
    The answer would just be: "NONE!" Neither Corea, nor Vietnam, nor the Gulf War, nor others! Still the US American Government keep to have the say in everything of the life of other Countries and People!

Those are simple fact's which the history is teaching us!

What you guy's now complaining about Microsoft (again), is a long do by many other companies from the US for a long, long time and those includes Apple, IBM and many other's! So don't be paranoid, just do what need to be done to avoid that your data "flying" around to whom ever! There many ways to achieve that and it's just about to do it on your own! Complaining will NOT do that work!

14. cyberloner

cyberloner MDL Member

Sep 19, 2009
    if they want trace u.. win 7 you also get spy... lol
    by the way.. don't internet is the best suite... facebook all also have total spy on you :biggrin:

15. pbuck

pbuck MDL Novice

May 29, 2010
    You're a fool if you think that we should all just give up and not put up a fight. Windows is still the most commonly used desktop operating system and this is a relatively new intrusion on that realm of our lives. While yes, we are being tracked across the internet, that doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't complain when they try and look even closer. I have nothing to hide yet I still don't want people's f**king eyes on what I do with my own computing equipment.

16. mtrai

mtrai MDL Addicted

Apr 24, 2008
    Just some peoples quotes on this matter already.

If i were doing a real bad crime like all the time on my pc i would be concerned....but damn just the data google collects on me each and every day....they should be very bored of me by now

It's not like every website I visit collects data on me in some way. If Windows 10 is a Spyware and NSA data miner what were windows 8/8.1? Windows Apps behaved the same way too! The way I see it, best to get over it now, as it's just the way it is going to be moving forward.

When a product is free, you are the product

they will get very bored watching me, I get bored watching me who are we watching ooo someone's watching mmm time for tea the question is will they still be watching

Do you use

Chrome, IE, Edge, Any Broswer, Android, Iphone, Facebook, Anything internet related period?

Congrats.. Data is being collected about your usage habits. This isn't news.. Nor anything to clutch pearls over.

My Quote:
    "Wow oh WOW...while we are at listing things...don't forget all the cameras on every street corner, have you even looked at what all information they have on you in credit reports, do you use credit or debit cards, OMG this just goes on and on. (Social Security number and all that, Driver licenses, passport, any air travel...should I stop...hell they even know and sale what type of Toliet paper you buy.)

If it is a problem for you then I suggest looking up how to live off the grid and give that go...but beware other companies will know you looked for that subject.

Signed

Sick of the Conspirest (sp? opps google now knows I could not sell that word) theorist."

Seriously think this through...oh another one ever entered information for an sweepstakes?

17. maya77

maya77 MDL Member

Aug 30, 2009
    +1
    That means you'll not use Windows 10?

18. kracosia

kracosia MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2012
    I installed windows firewall control and I'm impressed how many processes (by default) are allowed to call home....

19. x3xpl05iv3x©

x3xpl05iv3x© MDL Novice

May 5, 2015
    If you want privacy dont use Windows at all, maybe try Tails Live Cd instead