Screen Resolution problems

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Strawking, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Strawking

Strawking MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2011
    Greetings, sorry if this is not in the correct area.

I recently had to reinstall my copy of windows 7 Ultimate 64 however now my monitor reads as a 'Generic Non-PnP monitor). I cant set it higher then 1280X720 (my screen model is a Benq M2700HD so as you can imagine, it looks horrible). No higher setting is displayed in display options and if I use my Nvidia control Center it refuses to change (the screen will flash black for an instant and then be back at 1280X720). All my drivers are up to date.

2. evlad

evlad MDL Member

May 23, 2011
    look on the CD that came with the monitor, you should have the drivers for it.
    you must install it manually. (update driver -> point to cd).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Strawking

Strawking MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2011
    No luck. If I try and update automatically fro mthe cd i get a message tellign me the software isnt compatable (which is bull, its worked before) and if I try manually from device manager the update button is unclickable. I went through screen resolution-> advanced settings-> monitor and tried updating that way but it simply messages me telling me "Generic Non-PnP Monitor drivers are up to date"