Screen switches from clear to 90% blurry, 15 minutes after install windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by dquach123, Dec 30, 2015.

1. dquach123

dquach123 MDL Novice

Mar 24, 2008
    #1 dquach123, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    Hello guys, I have spent the past 3 days trying to figure out what is going on with my mom's computer, so frustrated at this point, please someone help :(

the issue is with an ACER ASPIRE v5-531P-4129

The laptop came pre-installed with windows 8, my mom felt her computer was slow, so i decided to format it and put windows 10 on it.

The install went smooth, initially I just upgraded it, so to be able to keep all the files on there. That resulted in a blurry screen probably 15 minutes after install. Initially, I thought it was the auto updates that was causing this, so i tried uninstalling the video drivers, monitor drivers, rolling it back, nothing worked. Until i rebooted the laptop, it was clear again, but maybe for 5 minutes this time. I said screw it, and decided to just do a full install. BTW, when the screen became 90%blurry, I connected the laptop to an external monitor, the image was perfect on the ex-monitor (except for the resolution).

Anyways, so i put the flash drive containing windows 10 in, setup starts> format > install complete. This time I make sure not to connect to the internet, as I wanted to disable auto updates. I go to gpedit.msc to disable auto update, 15-20 minutes after the install, as I am browsing the internet- not messing with the settings or anything, all of a sudden the laptop makes the "USB connected/disconnected sound" the screen blinks once or twice "like when you change your resolution" and now we are 90% blurry again.

I just dont know what to do, please if anyone has any ideas.

thanks
    danny

2. dquach123

dquach123 MDL Novice

Mar 24, 2008
    I managed to get to the event viewer from the device manager. it says my laptop is automatically updating an intel video card with an amd driver. At least this is what i think im reading:

Driver management concluded the process to install driver display.inf_amd64_54c15e45cdc857c30\display.inf for Device Instance ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0106&SUBSYS_072A1025&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10 with the following status 0x0

3. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Sounds like an update off the video card driver indeed !

Could you direct download a driver for your laptop from acer perhaps :tea:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...