script error

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by darkgohan, Jan 23, 2009.

1. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    #21 HMonk, Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. darkgohan

darkgohan MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2009
    Thank you HMonk, over the next while I will read and then post back as needed. This has been very helpful for me so far and yours and uries concern is greatfully appreciated!!

3. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    You are welcome

Glad to be of help - especially when my "solutions" do not cause greater issues.:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. darkgohan

darkgohan MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2009
    Not sure if I can continue where I left off??,but now when I open my Windows live mail, it says Windows live mail has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. T.Y.:(

5. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
  6. darkgohan

darkgohan MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2009
    Advice accepted on posting,TY. Event viewer system says Source disk error event ID 11 The driver detected a controller error on\Device\Hardisk 1\D. The whole viewer was full of this error?/

Application
    This was first listed as 1/3/2009 error id 1000. The description for the event ID [1000] in source[WLM] cannot be found. The local comp. may not have the necessary registry info or message dll files to display message from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /auxsource flag to retrieve this description.The following is part of this event : wlmail.exe,12.0.1606.10231471e44f8,uxcore.dll 12.0.1606.1023,471e445f,0,00037405. Finally how do I tell what version of WLM I have?? TY

7. darkgohan

darkgohan MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2009
    I have found these also noted as errors,can post if needed sptd> Dcom. source control manager . Sounds bad??

8. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
  9. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Make haste slowly

Appreciate your efforts. It is difficult for anyone to, at once, understand all of the nuances that contribute to individual experiences. One of the problems is that few of us have identical setups; what works for me and my setup might not work for you and yours. In the end, I have often effected fixes after a long process of trial and error.

Regarding the Event ID 7000 error: the only IBService I am aware of is a function of Invisible Browsing software. If installed it would be in Root:\Program Files\Invisible Browsing\ibservice.exe. If you do not have IB installed, you can search the drive and registry for ibservice (or ibservice.exe)

If in DEVICE MANAGER you only see one HDD under DISK DRIVES, you only have one disk. Thus, I am unable to understand the error message if it is, in fact, referring to HDD 1 - unless you have a virtual drive installed (I cannot say that a virtual drive would be reported as HDD I???).

As far as the link in Event Viewer is concerned, the error report would be transmitted from your machine with the error data and then the specific findings would be sent back to you. Thus when on line, click on the link and wait for a response.

Keep us posted if you wish to continue to be overwhelmed. :eek:

Monk

10. darkgohan

darkgohan MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2009
    Well!! I am absolutely sewered now,not a clue what happened,but I cannot access sys. restore nor services msc, both again come up as sript errors and blank pages. Tried to install ie 7,fails every time? Cannot install wlm either,loads to 100% then says rolling back and undoes the install. Should I take it in for professional surgery?? .otherwise the pc appears to be running alright.TY:confused:

11. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Which IE version

If I understand correctly, when this happened before you were running IE7 and rolling back to IE6 fixed the issue. What are you running now? If IE 7 roll back to IE6 via control panel add/remove.

Can you boot to Safe Mode and, while Safe Mode is booting, select the option to start system restore? If you can, then restore to earlier date (may have to select a couple of dates before you find one that works).

Monk

12. darkgohan

darkgohan MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2009
    Boy am I glad your here!.Well I was still running IE 7, got so muddled up with this stuff ,thought I was IE 6.I had tried to remove it before but it always failed.I looked at sys. restore in safe mode,but just the blank page. So while in safe mode I tried removing IE 7,and away she went. All seems good with this part thank you,but am unable to install windows live mail again now? It installs all the way up to 100% then begins to roll back everything and says aborted:0x80004004. Any ideas my friend? TY :)

13. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    #34 HMonk, Jan 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  14. darkgohan

darkgohan MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2009
    Update. Finally got wlm thank you. But now I have once again no services msc,from run,and no system restore. I have no listing in add/remove for any version of IE, but I know I have and am using IE 6 .????

15. darkgohan

darkgohan MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2009
    Spoke too soon! It was working this a.m. but just tried [wlm] now, and it opens briefly,but only the blue page,never opens up properly,and leaves an icon in the task bar which I have to rt click and choose exit. Reboots make no difference. I give up--- should I go for a reformat or throw it out the window???
    Event viewer application says source load perf event id 3001, the performance counter name string value in the registry is incorrectly formatted.The bogus string is 6590,the bogus index value is the first dword in the data section,while the last valid index values are the 2nd and 3rd dword in the data section. I went to the MS page they provide it is blank. System says source Service control manager event id 7000, The IBservice failed to start. Cannot find the path specified, Again when directed to the help site,it is blank also.Whew is this a mind overload!! TY :)

16. darkgohan

darkgohan MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2009
    W L Mail is working,seems I had to be signed in to Windows Live Messenger, I guess?? Anyways now it is working,but no change to services or sys. restore! :eek:

17. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
  18. darkgohan

darkgohan MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2009
    I know I am pushing the limits here,but I appreciate your help HMonk! Here we go. To start WLM (or any of the Windows Live modules) as you advise doesnt work,believe me?
    Re IBservice: do you have Invisible Browsing installed? No

sfc /scannow has returned my sys restore,and services.msc hooray.:)

So as far as wlm i Dont know,but wont uninstall until I hear from you,as this program scares me to uninstall,until I am sure what to do with it. OE is working just fine and hoping I can resolve the wlm issue. Thanks again,seems like were getting somewhere. Will resaearch this wlm thing but again no touchy till I see what you think.

19. darkgohan

darkgohan MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2009
    Found this in services.msc IBService, when I highlite it,it gives me the option to START,and when I try,it says error 3 cannot find the specified path. :confused: