[Script] Win 10 Toggle Tweaker (V4.0) -Official thread-

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Yasser Da Silva, Aug 12, 2015.

Tags:
?

How helpful is this Windows 10 Tweaker for you !

1. 10/10 / Very handy (Must have tweaker)

74.6%
  2. 5/10 / It's good.

20.7%
  3. 0/10 :( / Not helpful at all

4.7%
  1. MonsterMMORPG

MonsterMMORPG MDL Member

Apr 27, 2012
    test which part and how

you mean updated version or spy stuff removed?

2. digital john

digital john MDL Senior Member

Mar 30, 2008
    yes

3. MonsterMMORPG

MonsterMMORPG MDL Member

Apr 27, 2012
    ok i can try in vmware

but how do i test and verify all spyware software removed?

4. GodHand

GodHand MDL Addicted

Jul 15, 2016
    I need to start wearing my tin-foil hat to get through all this overblown "spy" talk.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. moccor

moccor MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2017
    I get a error saying it is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Any fix?

6. SightUp

SightUp MDL Senior Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Quoting myself to make sure this is seen....

7. MIMMO61

MIMMO61 MDL Senior Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Good evening
    How can I restore Microsoft Edge?
    I tried with the Tool but it did not succeed.

Thank you

8. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    ATTENTION: PLEASE READ.

Current version of this tool includes a serious bug where the OneDrive Removal attempts to delete the whole Windows\SysWOW64 folder. This is not a little inconvenience it's kind of a Show-Stopper :g:.

Unfortunately the author didn't respond for quite a while.

I'd recommend to wait for a fixed version.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Ace2

Ace2 MDL Expert

Oct 10, 2014
    TEMP FIX

1.COPY contents of Toggle Tweaker.bat to New Text Document and Save.

2.OPEN New Text Document AND FIND

rd "%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1
    rd "%Windir%\SysWOW64" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1

AND REPLACE WITH

rd "%PROGRAMDATA%\OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1
    rd "%Windir%\SysWOW64\OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1

3.NOW Save As FIXED Toggle Tweaker.bat

10. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Would be better if the author fixes this, since the tool is also spreaded via MajorGeeks.

11. Lee Hughes

Lee Hughes MDL Novice

May 23, 2017
    Thank you to the author, great tool.
    I'm impressed at the features from a relatively tiny batch script.

12. Kaneology

Kaneology MDL Novice

May 19, 2017
    #1092 Kaneology, May 26, 2017
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
    When choosing PC Performance Section program will close.
    Can anyone help me with this?

13. zejita

zejita MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2016
    How do i restore the XBOX app? I want to disable this xbox stuff because its messing up my FPS..

I've deinstalled it via Toggle Tweaker.. LOL

14. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    That contradicts itself :g:.

15. moitreker

moitreker MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2015
    #1095 moitreker, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    Hello, please provide settings for removing unnecessary services in Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 10.0.14393.0 Version 1607 (x64)!

P.S. Itself disconnected what that services, and at system loading there was a blue screen of death with an error tcpip.sys

16. AnimaliX

AnimaliX MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2009
  17. coromonadalix

coromonadalix MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    trying to patch the onedrive bug lead to an non functioning batch file ???? on build 16215, done 3 times and toggle tweak ... does not work anymore ...

as a comment, i think the new mouse version is bad, i try to change a tweak and i does'nt work fine after, a simple batch file was doing the job ok, it just added complexity
    Does it have some checksum verifications ??

18. Borrowedwifi

Borrowedwifi MDL Novice

Jun 9, 2010
    Yassir's unavailable, so here's a little something by way of my own small attempt to contribute to the cause.

Latest version of the Windows 10 Hatcheting Sequence, top-half, only.

Would be nice if someone could figure out how to run the destruction of what I have identified below as a batch file at bootup, to rid the machine of this stuff every time it gets reinserted in one of the Windows Updates. I cannot code. My brain won't take me there. But I'm really good at FINDING stuff, and carefully excising it in similar manner as the larvae of certain parasitic wasps do their work, leaving the host fully alive and functional, even as they excise great tracts of the host's body.

///////

Windows 10 Creators Update Enterprise KMS winver 1703 (OS Build 15063.138)(Note: some instructions pertain to other versions, and/or particular pieces of my own kit, and if inapplicable, ignore as required)

NO INTERNET (otherwise unfilled app tiles and god knows what else fill in and ALTER things)

Folder view settings: Show hidden/operating-system files and folders, date created.

Revo any/all pre-installed AV program if exist.

Apps can be found in the registry here, and this is a great place to start smashing them. There will be PLENTY more, elsewhere, and their time will come, too:
    Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ActivatableClasses\Package\(get 'em all except Microsoft.Windows.SecHealth (may not be there at first), ShellExperienceHost (may not be there at first), DesktopView (may not be there at first), and immersive control panel), and the ones that cannot be removed normally can be dealt with running regedit with SYSTEM PRIVILEGES.

/////How To Attack Apps with Regedit as System:

BlueDoom\Super CMD\src\bin\Release\SuperCMD.exe "Select a program and run as SYSTEM" Navigate to "Windows\System32" and double click on cmd.exe. Verify system privileges by typing in "whoami /user" into the cmd box. Should show as "nt authority\system" under "User Name" header.

\\\\\Type in "regedit" to get registry editor as SYSTEM.

Powershell as admin: "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage" ignore failures

Powershell as admin: "Get-AppXProvisionedPackage -online | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -online" ignore failures.

Install Unlocker.

ToggleTweaker4.bat (henceforth tt4) and go to "Manage Built-in apps and restore old ones."

Remove ALL apps, including Store, from all users.
    Also do "Context Menu, grant admin full control," and may as well do the other items in there, too, while you're at it.

tt4: Windows Apps; Edge, Cortana, Onedrive, Onedrive Icon, Dropbox Icon, (Contact Support & Windows Feedback need internet so ignore them) (already hit with "Remove App from All Users" anyway).

tt4: Enable/Disable Stuff, User Interface Tweaks (finish if required), Speed Up PC Performance

1703 Defender MAY Appear NOWHERE and must be accessed via Settings. Once it's been opened, it becomes possible to right click it down on the taskbar, and Pin It to the Taskbar, but seems to be utterly unavailable for opening up elsewhere, except via Settings > Update&Security. Needs more scrutiny.

C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe still works, but takes a looong time to load, and when loaded is crippled in that when you click "Settings" it takes you to the older-version "Settings" page for Windows Defender, but it's stunted, and gives no proper options.

Use the new Settings interface for Defender to: Do not send(s), SmartScreens under Browser Control (Edge still alive in there somewhere, but radio buttons for Edge inoperative), Go to Firewall & Network and disable the following crap in firewall at a minimum. If other noxious apps (they're ALL noxious) are in the list, get them too:
    //
    Cortana, Delivery Optimization, Diagtrack, Email and accounts, Get Help, Holographic Item Player, Microsoft Content, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Family Features, Mixed Reality Portal, Remote Assistance, SmartScreen, Take a Test, Windows Default Lock Screen, Windows Mixed Reality Environments, Work or school account, XBox Game UI, Your Account.
    //

Configure Desktop Icons, Task Bar, System Protection, Advanced System Settings.

Manual destroy Cortana core file (C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_xxx\searchui.exe) with Unlocker.

Reboot.

Windows Start Menu normal click (Apps Page grayed out) is no longer working, but right click continues to work.

Edge remaining alive at this point, when invoked via Windows Defender Family Settings, or elsewhere.

\Windows\SystemApps Cortana folder finished off with normal delete following Grant Admin Full Control.

SystemApps further destroyed completely removed except Microsoft.Windows.SecHeahthUI & ShellExperienceHost. Defender UI still alive, pinned to the task bar, open it up and and set everything to do not send (Edge setting is now unresponsive, but Edge was still alive prior to attackng SystemApps en masse).

Reboot.

Edge no longer alive when invoked from Defender Family Settings.

Stardock Start10

Enable Legacy F8 Safe Mode - CMD as admin. Opens in System32. Type regedit to open registry editor.

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Configuration Manager and look for DWord "BackupCount" if not there, create it. Set value to "2" and step back up into Configuration Manager and create new KEY "LastKnownGood" and create new DWord in it called "Enabled" and set the value to "1". Exit regedit, stay in command box and type

"bcdedit /set {Current} BootMenuPolicy Legacy"

and hit enter. Restart machine, hit F8 while booting up, and old Safe Mode options will be looking at you once again. Not quite exactly the old Win7 Safe Mode, but certainly useful enough, and good to have, although Settings > Security & Updates is dead.

Screensaver & power settings (new item in advanced power: Maximum processor frequency, defaults to "0 MHz" but can be set to a number. Leaving alone at zero for now, but needs forther study).

Revo full decrappification - TaskManager killings if machine sluggish

"AppX...." under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT attack obvious s**tapps, leave other stuff alone. Edge is in here all over the place. Get them all. When done, this is what's left:

//
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppX59pt53ypfjyrmdz9ypfy2dxy0yjt6x4j\Application\ ..SecHealthUI

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppXak1hygz1tpjjnxhr1pwtcgnkpr24r5e7\ ..Action Center/ShellExperienceHost

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppXf3k2nhftgnncnbzma7c7xf62tm3e4vv2\ ..C:\Windows\system32\LaunchWinApp.exe

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppXrqjvfyr7dzwwcywy5p5b8wb98ggeqrrz\ ..DesktopView

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppXrrebmngeb0a7ggdd6sec1cq49468v8qr\ ..SecHealthUI
    //

Reboot.

Machine still fully responsive at this point, all horses**t apps remain dead. Windows Start Menu still grayed out.

ENABLE INTERNET

Settings: Throw all switches.

Windows Update

Reboot.

Windows Start Menu back to life. Edge still dead. Windows\SystemApps had a bunch of new (same old s**t) app folders, bashed it all back down to just SecurityUI and ImmersiveControlPanel. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppX... had "Pen" returned, destroyed with standard admin-privilege regedit. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ActivatableClasses\Package\ had a bunch of new (same old s**t) stuff, standard admin-privilege regedit got it too, including Cortana and the CortanaListen one.

When done with HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ActivatableClasses\Package\... DesktopView, SecHealth, ShellExperience, and ImmersiveControlPanel have been left alone and remain intact. All else destroyed.

Reboot

Manual Directory Pass Destroy With TakeOwnership (tt4 "Grant Admin Full Control) and/or Unlocker
    (LEAVE IMMERSIVECONTROLPANEL, SecHealthUI, SHELLEXPERIENCEHOST, RUNTIMES, STATEREPOSITORY ALONE!)

IF CORTANA NOT DEAD C:\Windows\SystemApps\Cortana\SearchUI.exe kill with Unlocker, but this f**king thing had better already be gone by now.

Manual Directory Pass Destroy
    C:\Windows\AppReadiness;
    C:\Windows\bcastdvr;
    C:\Windows\diagnostics;
    C:\Windows\GameBarPresenceWriter;
    C:\Windows\HoloShell;
    C:\Windows\InfusedApps; (\Frameworks\... leave all .NET & VCLibs intact)
    C:\Windows\MiracastView;
    C:\Windows\RemotePackages;
    C:\Windows\SystemApps LEAVE SHELLEXPERIENCEHOST & SecHealthUI INTACT
    (mind what you're doing here, and just so you know, C:\Windows\appcompat\Programs\Install folder contains xml file listing installed programs - this is useful info to know, and \appcompat\appraiser\APPRAISER_FileInventory.xml contains listing of installed programs and some drivers and a few unknowns - this is useful info to be aware of)

Manual Directory Pass for special destructive attention to apps BUT LEAVE WINDOWS.IMMERSIVECONTROLPANEL SECHEALTHUI & SHELLEXPERIENCEHOST ALONE! or Windows Update, Widows Defender, and Settings might not work.
    C:\Users\MainUser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\GameDVR; (KnownGameList.bin must be specifically attacked and destroyed with Unlocker, complete with a reboot, before this folder can be erased)
    C:\Users\MainUser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive;
    C:\Users\MainUser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\PenWorkspace;
    C:\Users\MainUser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\CloudStore;
    C:\Users\MainUser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\GameExplorer;
    C:\Users\MainUser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\PRICache; (everything except SecHealthUI, ShellExperience [2 of 'em], immersivecontrolpanel)
    C:\Users\MainUser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync;
    C:\Users\MainUser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;
    C:\Users\MainUser\AppData\Local\MicrosoftEdge\;
    C:\Users\MainUser\AppData\Local\Packages; (everything except SecHealthUI, ShellExperience, immersivecontrolpanel)

Destroy
    C:\MainUser\AppData\ROAMING\Microsoft\Windows\CloudStore

C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\AppV (Enterprise LTSB Ver);
    C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Diagnosis;
    C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\MapData;
    C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository; (everything except SecHealthUI, ShellExperience, immersivecontrolpanel, .NET, VCLibs, StateRepositories, wherever you find them and they're all over the place in here, up front as files, and in Packages subdirectory as folders to be destroyed. Mind what you're destroying in here, it's pretty easy to f**k up and kill a little too much.)
    C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\ClipSVC;
    C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\GameExplorer;
    C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\LfSvc;
    C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\PackagedEventProviders;
    C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls;
    C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Power Efficiency Diagnostics;
    C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\RetailDemo;
    C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\SleepStudy;
    C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft OneDrive;
    C:\Users\All Users\Package Cache;
    C:\Users\All Users\WindowsHolographicDevices;

Note: C:\Users\All Users is the same as C:\Program Data

Manual Directory Pass Destroy (anything that's not there don't worry about it)
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Analysis Services;
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\GROOVEEX.DLL; msotelemetry.dll; MSOUC.EXE; msosync.exe; OCHelper.dll; ONBttnIE.dll; ONBttnIELinkedNotes.dll;
    C:\Program Files\Windows Mail;
    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps (leave VCLibs & .Net intact, there is no SecHealthUI, immersivecontrolpanel, or ShellExperienceHost)

C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Analysis Services;
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\ Everything except folder \Office15
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\GROOVEEX.DLL; OCHelper.dll; ONBttnIE.dll; ONBttnIELinkedNotes.dll;
    C:\Program Files(x86)\Windows Mail

///////

Pretty much eliminates ALL of it. Machine runs like a champ, afterwards. No more Apps.

19. cajg

cajg MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2010
    Any chance for a new version? Its been a long time since this useful thing was updated. :(