Searching a Folder/SubFolders From Windows Explorer

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by DeathStalker77, Jul 22, 2012.

Tags:
  1. DeathStalker77

DeathStalker77 MDL Senior Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Ok, we all know Windows Search sucks big time, so normally I just use EVERYTHING. However, even though there is integration with Win Explorer to search a folder, that feature doesn't really work.

What programs are good that integrate with Win Explorer to search for files/folders/subfolders within a specific drive or folder?

Thanks!

2. DeathStalker77

Nov 8, 2009
    With all due respect jayblok, I didn't ask about an Explorer replacement (I happen to already use Xplorer2 - search sucks in that as well; also tried Explorer++ - that still needs some work).

I want a SIMPLE right-click to search a folder - the same way you can do an AV/malware scan on one. It CANNOT be that hard to find/do.

3. DeathStalker77

Nov 8, 2009
    @FFManHole - that is the concept, only that uses the Windows Search (which, as I said, IMHO, really sucks)

4. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
  5. DeathStalker77

Nov 8, 2009
    Thanks much! FileLocator Lite (aka Agent Ransack) seems to do the trick. I still use Everything when I have no idea where a file is (lol) There also appears to be a more recent Beta out which I will try (will also get around to posting on their forum about it).

Thanks for the responses :)